Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Translocators..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Translocators..

    Do you usually use translocators in Instant Action??

    Just curious..

    BattleGuard

    #2
    People play INSTANT ACTION???

    Comment


      #3
      What gametypes? On second thought, no I don't. I never got into NW CTF or iBR because of the translocator. I hope to god it doesn't find it's way into onslaught.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by The_Deacon
        What gametypes? On second thought, no I don't. I never got into NW CTF or iBR because of the translocator. I hope to god it doesn't find it's way into onslaught.
        The translocator is locked out of onslaught, and as for CTF. It sucks without the translocator.
        It's one of the defining features of the UT series.

        Comment


          #5
          When I play Instant Action, yeah, I usually turn the xloc on... I like to have it for maps like DM-Plunge, etc.

          I know that that is not the most popular map, but I like it... I don't care how unbalanced the pros think it is...

          ... I just enjoy open bouncy maps.

          As for the xloc in ONS... I think it would work under very specific situations... again, since I like maps like DM-Plunge and BR-Skyline, I'd like to see a ONS-Skyline type of map... which could include maybe a Raptor, and a few Mantas (with appropriate ramps for jumping) but the other vehciles would be limited...

          ... I would just throw an xloc into some select weapon lockers and go with that, rather than a mutator or anything...

          ... I don't know if the ONS bot AI would work properly though.

          Other than this type of gimmick map, I think the xloc should be kept out of ONS and AS.

          Comment


            #6
            I guarantee the same people that want an XLOC in ONS would be *****ing a week later about it.

            Comment


              #7
              I leave it on it's default settings for games that either use it or don't use it. I don't like it in all gametypes, except for CTF, where I love it.

              Comment


                #8
                The Xloc is Unreals defining feature.

                Without it , it would be just another FPS.

                I used to be a mainly DM player, and I never really saw the point of the Xloc. However, play a bit of CTF and you realise just how useful, and more over FUN it is.

                Confusing enemies by leaving it somewhere before your attack run, run round a corner and teleport to it. They spend ages looking for you when you are nowhere nearby. Many other uses, just use your imagination.

                UT wouldnt be UT without the Translocator.

                Comment


                  #9
                  i for one cant stand it.
                  just my little humble opinion/rant but it seems to completely destroy the consiquence of desiding certain paths threw out the map. I have seen so many ctf games and seeing half the blue tam come in all like blue blurs then go to some high off ledge where normaly you wouldnt be in the 1st place...
                  I dunno, its just.. with UT2k4's fast paced game physics and moves I just dont see the need for something like this.. *shrugs

                  thankfully i suck at ctf/br and wont play it much. so that fixes problem for me.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by c0ld
                    i for one cant stand it.
                    just my little humble opinion/rant but it seems to completely destroy the consiquence of desiding certain paths threw out the map. I have seen so many ctf games and seeing half the blue tam come in all like blue blurs then go to some high off ledge where normaly you wouldnt be in the 1st place...
                    I dunno, its just.. with UT2k4's fast paced game physics and moves I just dont see the need for something like this.. *shrugs
                    That's EXACTLY the point of CTF. Getting IN a flagroom alive isn't hard.
                    Staying alive in a flagroom is harder, and getting out alive even harder!
                    After all, getting the flag is the point of CTF in the first place.

                    Anyway, trans on for CTF and BR. Off for everything else. (unless I missed one where's on by default)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Boksha
                      That's EXACTLY the point of CTF. Getting IN a flagroom alive isn't hard.
                      Staying alive in a flagroom is harder, and getting out alive even harder!
                      After all, getting the flag is the point of CTF in the first place.

                      Anyway, trans on for CTF and BR. Off for everything else. (unless I missed one where's on by default)
                      How about making it hard to get in and out.... worked for all the other fps ctf games I have played..

                      is the translocator in ALL maps? it seems like a weapon/tool that would best used only in certain maps.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by c0ld


                        is the translocator in ALL maps? it seems like a weapon/tool that would best used only in certain maps.
                        TL is on by default in: CTF and BR
                        TL is off by default in: DM and TDM
                        TL is not available at all in: ONS and AS

                        I don't recall what it's status is in INV, LMS, or MUT

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mort_Q
                          I don't recall what it's status is in INV, LMS, or MUT
                          Optional in all three.

                          Originally posted by c0ld
                          How about making it hard to get in and out.... worked for all the other fps ctf games I have played..
                          Well, the point is that if there was no translocator, the flagcarrier could just walk away after killing or outsmarting the defenders. Once the FC would be one corner ahead of the defenders, they'd be useless.
                          ATM, the defenders (or attackers) can translocate after enemy FCs making the trip back extremely tense, especially considered support for the FC is also incoming FAST with the TL.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            off off and off

                            well was when i played :up:

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Peregrine|BuF
                              People play INSTANT ACTION???
                              lol:haha:





                              But I wish more people would play instant action, so they can learn how to play Assault/ONslaught offline before jumping online, and running around like a chicken witht hteir head cut off

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X