Vehicles and water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles and water

Am I the only one who's wondering how the vehicles react on a lake/river part of a map? Like will the manta be able to float above the water?

don't believe there will be maps with water

Comment

I think one of the Devs said that the manta wouldn't float over water.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that manta's can travel over water.. And lol at no maps with water. Theres loads of them for ut2k3 as it is.

Comment

Re: Vehicles and water

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
          Am I the only one who's wondering how the vehicles react on a lake/river part of a map? Like will the manta be able to float above the water?
          nope you are not alone...actually it has been asked about 15 billion times...the answer is:

we will discover..

Comment

Look's like there's gonna be only one way to find out. I feel a large ONS-Waterworld map coming on. Wonder if you can drive the goliath underwater, for that matter.

Comment

Too bad.... it would be nice to have a map where you could take shortcuts with the manta by crossing rivers... or even dive under the water surface (with crouch)as a tactic...

Comment

Or better still a map with a huge 'instant death' type chasm that you could only cross either by one VERY dangerous bridge or by using the jump in a manta :up:

Comment

Epic has been unwilling or unable to answer questions regarding vehicles and water.

I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise... but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

no water vehicles in 2004

but 2005se will have them

Comment

Maybe they don't know what they should do with vehicles and water I hope when the figured it out it will be better than the vehicles in halo (sorry for naming the game ) which reacted the same under water as on land.....

I think the best option would be:
                      -The manta floats on the surface of the water
                      -the scorpion will sink slowly to the bottom of the lake where in can drive (steering/driving will be slowed) and if the person can drown (don't know if its in the game ) then it will drown after a while
                      -Hellbender the same as scorpion except it sinks a bit faster
                      -goliath will react like driving on land and no drowning effect

(and unmanned vehicles will be destroyed after a while when parked at the bottom of the lake, it would suck if you can't find a vehicle because they are all parked at the bottom of the lake :sour: )

Comment

Working...
                      X