[OT] Question about video cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
    Erm, not really. The poor scores have more or less been remedied. Still not quite as speedy as ATI, but far better than they were.
    At the sacrifice of image quality. I have seen the skins with the "fixed" shaders, and all they do is make the game look like ****. Thats how they are getting the frames out of the games now.

Comment

Originally posted by .:i:.
      open gl still uses the same features on modern dx9 cards
      doesnt matter if it doesnt use d3d
      take doom III for example
      You're preaching to the choir here. I am just saying that D3D is a far more popular API and it makes no sense to buy any card today that isn't DX9 compliant, since we all know the cards will do OGL anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by .:i:.
        open gl still uses the same features on modern dx9 cards
        doesnt matter if it doesnt use d3d
        take doom III for example
        Please elaborate. Do you mean to say that OpenGL uses the same pixel shaders, texturing pipelines, and such? If that was your intent, then I agree.

But someone like myself who does not use Windows regularly need not take the latest DirectX compatibility into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathPenguin
          Please elaborate. Do you mean to say that OpenGL uses the same pixel shaders, texturing pipelines, and such? If that was your intent, then I agree.

yes

Comment

When is OpenGL 2.0 ever coming out??? It was supposed to be featured on NV30 and R300. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
              When is OpenGL 2.0 ever coming out??? It was supposed to be featured on NV30 and R300. :bulb:
              When John Carmack says it's ready :haha:

Comment

Re: [OT] Question about video cards.

Originally posted by Sanius

okay, someone said that I shouldn't get the geforce TI 4800se. So I looked at fx cards, and I saw the fx 5700 ULTRA from evga. And I wonder, should I get this? Because I don't want to make the wrong decision. (And I want a vid card that is less then $170).
                For $170, that would be a good choice.Benchmarks

Comment

A 5900 SE would be a much better choice.

Comment

yeah, the card IS an extra $30, but I don't care about getting an extra 10 fps. If I can play my favorite games, and some games in the future at above playable fps at highest settings, it's fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X