No announcement yet.

Shock wh0res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems to me like he clearly stated this was his rant. and :up: to the guys who posted advice or helpful hints. and to those who just want to tell him to stfu or stop whining---nice job trying to expand the community guys :down:

everybody was n00bs, or less skilled at some point---and most here have gotten help or feedback along the way, so now that some of you are more skilled you forget that fact and wanna flame him for his admitted self-rant :wtf:

Comment

Have you all forgoten about the great and god-like ASMD shock rifle from Unreal?

The UT SR was absolutely nothing compared to the ASMD. The power behind a combo in Unreal was about 300-400x stronger with double the radius of damage. The best part was that it flew by so fast and the secondary ball was extremely small. So that made it quite hard to hit. Now that was skill. :up:

Go practice with the Unreal ASMD, once you master that, you'll find combo'ing in the UT games a breeze.

But if you don't have Unreal, just do what some ahve told you:

Go start an empty map, and just start combo'ing like crazy. Jump off ledges and combo in midair, dodge then dodge off a wall and combo, go start a emtpy map of Torlan and use the jump pad then fire off six or seven shock secondaries. Combo all those while still reaching the epex of your jump pads jump. Learning to compensate for the extreme velocity of the jump will certainly help you get better at homing in on the secondaries.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641
        Have you all forgoten about the great and god-like ASMD shock rifle from Unreal?..
        It was different then because most people had slow connections, making combos a lot harder. Most people used the flak cannon and eightball back then. I remember totally owning everyone with the minigun because I was on an extremely fast connection, whereas no one else used it at all. Now most people have fast connections so instant-hit weapons are relatively more powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by piggdawg
          seems to me like he clearly stated this was his rant. and :up: to the guys who posted advice or helpful hints. and to those who just want to tell him to stfu or stop whining---nice job trying to expand the community guys :down:

everybody was n00bs, or less skilled at some point---and most here have gotten help or feedback along the way, so now that some of you are more skilled you forget that fact and wanna flame him for his admitted self-rant :wtf:
          Thanks for backing me up bro lol. Well, yeah I never said anyone had to reply to this thread, or read it, and yes, i did state it was simple rant because I honestly admit, I'm not nearly as skilled as thousands of other players. I was just saying I feel like **** because I can't use a **** shock rifle lol. Can't use **** rifle = lack of skill. WHich is why Im ranting. jeebus.

Comment

the combo is practically worthless in onslaught. and if ur getting owned by it in tdm or dm, then it's probably not because it's "overpowered" but because u suck. i hate to be an ***, but i RARELY get killed by combo's, basically because i'm not stupid enough to walk into them. i do however, ***** out the primare on the shock like nobody's business!

Comment

Practice HOWTO

here is a technique ive been using to become a better ShockWhore.

I would Fire 3 or 4 balls into the air whilst strafing...wait a few second and strafe the other way targeting the first one first and hitting all of them...Im still pretty bad, but it definately has improved

-BillyZ
              The Baja, CA! Counter Cultural Society

Comment

But
                Originally posted by Irish
                the combo is practically worthless in onslaught. and if ur getting owned by it in tdm or dm, then it's probably not because it's "overpowered" but because u suck. i hate to be an ***, but i RARELY get killed by combo's, basically because i'm not stupid enough to walk into them. i do however, ***** out the primare on the shock like nobody's business!
                I understand, the whole world is an *** But I don't know if anyone read what I said, but I'm a close combat aggressive style player...Which just happens to not be a good combo with shock rifles It's not that I walk into them. Because they're actually quite slow. I'm not going to follow someone around a corner, I think I'm smarter than that :haha: But one wrong dodge just kills ya... And uh, like I said, I play tons of different games, and I don't even get much time to play consistantly, for a game like this. Yep yep yep...

Comment

shock combo works realy well against nodes.

Comment

Well, since everyone has given their tip to useing shock combos... I'll give mine!

I suck with combos and then I did them for a week almost exclusively, (when the range was right...) and I got better. Do that.

Comment

Syko_Maggot, I actually love the Shock Rifle, although I wouldn't have said that in 1999! Back in the days of UT, the shock was a weapon to be feared, especially by anyone who couldn't use it lol. Yes, I was one who bleated on about the shock being too powerful etc and always avoided picking it up at all costs. It wasn't until the near release of the 2k3 demo, that I actually began trying to practice with it. When 2k3 came out I made certain that I would not fall into the same trap and forced myself to use it. I'm no way l337 with it, and I'm not cr*p either! Although some days I do feel like a shock wh*re
                      You're probably sick of hearing this, but practice really does help.
                      Keep at it dude and don't give up

Comment

Instagib rox

Comment

Re: Shock wh0res

Originally posted by Syko_Maggot
                          Honestly, shock rifles is what ruins my game.

Anyways, I thought I'd rant about that.

I think you answer your own question. As you are aware it is hard to use shock combos effectively. Many people cant do them without standing still making them nice easy targets. The secondary shock is, lets face it, very easy to spot, so if you see one coming then get the hell out of there. If you are suprised by one when you come round the corner you should congratulate the player on their predictive game play or accept that they got lucky, make sure you are more careful round that corner next time.

The game needs elements to keep players interested, mastering the shock combo is one of those. If it really was that easy and that powerful then why would anyone bother using any other weapon? When I play DM I never feel there is one weapon I have to go for above all others, all are effective but have to be used in the right way. Im glad that these decisions are left to the professionals, I know I wouldnt be able to get it right.

Comment

Working...
                          X