Shock wh0res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock wh0res

Honestly, shock rifles is what ruins my game. First of all, I have horrible aim, but good dodging skills. Of course, I'm still working on my aim, but as of right now, since its so bad, I can't do shock combos. If I try to do it, I always miss or try to focus too much and I just get myself killed by a shock combo from my opponent. It's annoying when you go around a corner and you drop dead or fly across the room cuz of a **** schock combo explosion. I think it's the most unbalanced weapon, because it's so powerful, and people with great aim love it, but people like me with bad aim hate it.

And I know most people would say "Get used to it, and practice with it...get better aim..." or maybe even "if you dont like it, dont use it" True, true...If I don't like it, don't use it right...? Well, it seems like if I don't use it then I will most likely fall behind and be a less powerful player.

Anyways, I thought I'd rant about that.

I agree..

.............. wait what?

Battleguard

Comment

I sort of agree with you on this one - I hit them reasonably often offline, but online in the heat of the battle + ping I miss an awful lot. AngelMapper made a mod (can't remember the name, sorry) which allows you to practice shock combos easily - good for getting the timing off. They've changed it for UT2004 though :/

Comment

Well I'm a true master of the shock combo. When getting use to it just fire it and keep moving the same direction you were when you shot it, which is basically back and forth. That's the easiest way to combo. You'll get use to strafing and doing combo's with time.

Comment

the reason why there are so many (lame) shock whores it cause its so bloody easy to fire a ball with secondary then hit it with primary. just the idea of it is bloody stupid. ut99 is shock whores and mini whores, thats it. its the only fault the unreal tourny series have imo.

Comment

Yeah I love the game, the shock just annoys me. People love it because its a one hit kill thing and the blast radius is huge. That's pretty lame. I can imagine a sniper rifle headshot *one shot* being alright. But this combo stuff doesn't cut it for me. And I can strafe alright, but I just can't pull off combos. I shouldn't be forced to be good with shock rifles in this game.

Comment

Re: Shock wh0res

Originally posted by Syko_Maggot
              Honestly, shock rifles is what ruins my game. First of all, I have horrible aim, but good dodging skills. Of course, I'm still working on my aim, but as of right now, since its so bad, I can't do shock combos. If I try to do it, I always miss or try to focus too much and I just get myself killed by a shock combo from my opponent. It's annoying when you go around a corner and you drop dead or fly across the room cuz of a **** schock combo explosion. I think it's the most unbalanced weapon, because it's so powerful, and people with great aim love it, but people like me with bad aim hate it.

And I know most people would say "Get used to it, and practice with it...get better aim..." or maybe even "if you dont like it, dont use it" True, true...If I don't like it, don't use it right...? Well, it seems like if I don't use it then I will most likely fall behind and be a less powerful player.

Anyways, I thought I'd rant about that.
              The thing is, all but the most talented of the shock whores has to stand still during the combo. If they move their POV or even their cursor, they can't get the combo right.

So slapping them with a lightning gun hit, minigun secondary, or shock rifle primary will usually screw up their combo and then you can get the advantage by moving inside their minimum combo radius.

If they're good enough that they can still get the shock combo even after they've been moved, well, you probably wouldn't have lasted against them close-range, either...

Comment

i guess i'm the only one around here that actually thinks the shock is rather weak, especially in open spaces?

i'd much rather use the primary and use the primary on a lightning gun. the primary from the shock rifle also pushes people and floating vehicles backward, making it easier to hit them again and preventing them from getting closer.

Comment

It sucks because shock combos can be used at close to medium range. Like I said, my aim is horrible. Pulling of a lightning gun shot? Me? Nah. I have strategies and use weapons where appropriate though.

Comment

What we have here folks is a classic example of how older UT players with skills really pwn newer players away from liking the game. I can hold my own but every now and then I run into some players that have been doing this far longer than I have and it shows. You can recognize these original UT players buy their fondness of the RL and the Shock and how they connect midair and create combos on the move. It can be near impossible not to die in a few short seconds, but believe me if you stick with it you can do the same.

UT2004 has a serious skill gap between players that has a real ability to turn players off of the game.

My advice to you is lower your mouse sensitivity and you will get more shock combos....

Comment

Sadly enough, I'm not a noob lmao. I mean, I've been playing since UT99, but of course, I've played millions of games in between. I don't understand how people "practice" UT everyday, and gradually increase their skill. I like competition too, I'm just not good at "practicing" I just playing and hope I kill something lol. That's why sometimes I'm like.."blah I'm going to play never winternights cuz at least I won't get owned by shock whores..." or even COD, I pwn at COD for some reason

Comment

Combo is not hard to do lol , you just need to press left mouse key 1 sec after right mouse key .

lol

I think combo are very good but not unbalanced , this game is 100% balanced .

Comment

I think it's the most unbalanced weapon...
                          snip

does it fall out of your hands because it is so unbalanced? :weird:

Comment

Get better, really.

Comment

lol. I totally whored the shock that time we played lol. I got like 20+ kills from shock alone I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X