Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The REBATE offer - questions and answers here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The REBATE offer - questions and answers here.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around about the rebate offer for UT2k3 owners planning to buy UT2k4, particularily with regard to what needs to be sent in to Atari.

Here is what I've gathered, and although I chose to use the North American rebate post, be rest assured the European post nearly identical, save for the currency, at least as far as I noticed on reading it.

REBATE INFORMATION

In order to get your mail-in rebate you need:
    1. A proof of purchase of UT2k3; which now seems to be confirmed to be the manual cover.
    2. A reciept for the purchase of UT2k4.
    3. The rebate voucher; which comes in the UT2k4 box.

This information is from the following posts. You can read the original posts in context by following the links in the original posters names.

Originally posted by PR_Flak

REBATE

Owners of Unreal Tournament 2003 will be entitled to a $10 rebate on the purchase of Unreal Tournament 2004. The rebate will apply to both the standard game and the DVD Special Edition. Owners of Unreal Tournament 2003 will be required to submit a proof of purchase for Unreal Tournament 2003 along with a voucher and receipt from Unreal Tournament 2004 in order to receive the rebate.

Originally posted by Scottmc

The REBATE is INSIDE the regular and Special Edition. Once you get 2004 - send in the reabate coupon with your Manual Cover from 2003. - we had to make it the manual cover becaue it was the MOST LIKLEY thing you guys still had.

As far as I know the rebate is WorldWide -
    Now ***** happens and things change, but I think this is all the information we have to date.

If I've missed anything, please let me know.

sweet

That means ut2004 will cost me £10.50 ^_^

Comment

I still have both of my UT2k3 boxes sitting not 2 meters from me; they can have my manual covers over my cold, dead body.
      If they don't want my UPC's, I guess that makes them $20 richer.

GG, Mort! Thanks for the heads-up. :up:

Comment

I'm guessing copying the manual cover is outta the question huh?

I guess I will part with my cover...farewell, it has been fun!

Comment

So $39 at EB games for SE version
          Minus $20 gift certificate rebate from EB
          Minus $10 UT2003 rebate

Equals $9 for UT2004? Thats has to be the greatest deal in history!

Comment

So i´ll have to send this to the U.S(from Sweden) and then i get a rebate how?
            Ahh,dont know if i can even be bothered wih it after all,its what?10 bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Tobbe
              So i´ll have to send this to the U.S(from Sweden) and then i get a rebate how?
              Ahh,dont know if i can even be bothered wih it after all its what?10 bucks?
              I'd suspect you'd send in for the European rebate... €10

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q
                I'd suspect you'd sent in for the European rebate... €10
                Seems more logical.

Comment

Thanks for the post. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by MadJackMcJock
                    Thanks for the post. :up:
                    My pleasure.

Comment

i got one of the orange manuals. i don't want to rip it up

Comment

I wonder how much I'd get if I traded in my UT2003 at EB..... I guess I will anyways........ they don't need the manuals.... only the game.........

Comment

Originally posted by booker
                          i got one of the orange manuals. i don't want to rip it up
                          Honestly now, when was the last time you actually looked at the UT2k3 manual !?

Is it really worth $10.00 to you?

If so, forgo the rebate.

Comment

thx for the post mort, i knew about the rebate and all the details except what the proof of purchase of 2k3 would be.

Comment

Hehe, I just sold my copy of UT2003 for £15. Thats a better rebate

Comment

Working...
                              X