Geforce FX 5700 256MB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geforce FX 5700 256MB

Hi, does anyone have the video card listed above? This is what is shipping in on a new computer I ordered. Prior to ordering it, I read some good things about it, but as soon as I ordered, I started to hear bad things about the card, such as it barely playing Halo.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could clear this up, and tell me (if you have it) how well UT2k4 is playing with it.

Thanks.

What are the specs on the system you ordered. The 5700 is a good card, but its not worth much if the rest of the system cant keep up.

Comment

My friend has this card and has not had issues with UT2K4, but has noticed issues with other games.

Comment

Originally posted by therealvader
        What are the specs on the system you ordered. The 5700 is a good card, but its not worth much if the rest of the system cant keep up.
        Oh, I'm not worried about the rest of the system.

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
        1 GIG PC3200 RAM
        120 8mbCache 150ATA Seagate HD
        ASUS P4P800 m/b

As you see, the rest of the system isn't too shabby. I was just wondering how good the video card is.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shawn4element

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
          1 GIG PC3200 RAM
          ASUS P4P800 m/b

As you see, the rest of the system isn't too shabby. I was just wondering how good the video card is.

Thanks
          if you get that card for your system, it will be the bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
            Bottleneck? Sorry, I don't really know the computer lingo..explain please?

Comment

I have this card. It's pretty good but I suggest you get a better card (like an ati 9800 pro or a gf fx 5900)

Comment

hi i have bought a geforce fx 5600 256mb couple of weeks ago and its works perfectly .
                i think its a really good card for its price
                ut2004demo runs really smoothly online too
                i dont know about HALO but i see lots of people are *****ing about the game's performance on pc ........i never played it myself
                before i had an mx440 with 64mb and that was a piece of shlT compare to the 5600 :bulb: :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Railgunner
                  I have this card. It's pretty good but I suggest you get a better card (like an ati 9800 pro or a gf fx 5900)
                  Yeah, I really regret buying the card after seeing some of the prices for the 9800 Pro. I'm thinking that I might sell the card to a friend possibly, then buy the 9800.

If I do switch from my current card to the 9800, will I need to buy anything else to make it work (wires or anything, sorry I'm still someone a newbie to this in general).

Comment

These benchmarks used a pretty comparable set up to yours (3.2Ghz P4, ASUS P4P800 Deluxe and 2x 256 MB Kingston HyperX DDR400) Your extra 512mb of memory should help too.

Comment

I see..not bad butI have a question. That shows the FX 5700 Ultra, but I have the 5700 256MB (it costs less than the ultra)..how differant would they be?

Thanks for all the help thus far!

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                        An FX5700 256 mb a bottleneck? I doubt it.

Bottleneck is when say your video card is not good enough to keep up with the rest of your system. I don't think your system will have any bottlenecks though.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn4element

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
                          1 GIG PC3200 RAM
                          ASUS P4P800 m/b

Thanks
                          My system is very similar...1Gb PC3200 RAM with similar mobo...my cpu is Intel P4 3.2Ghz and I found my best match was a Fx5950 Ultra...tho a 5900 would be fine as well.....

Comment

So, from all your replys I see I should either go with the Radeon 9800PRO or the Geforce 5900, I'll keep that in mind when I have the money for a new video card.

The thing that attracted me towards the 5700 was that it had 256MB, but from what I've been hearing lately, it's not too important, is that right?

Comment

Halo PC runs poorly even on top-of-the-line PCs :bulb:

The card you are getting isn't too bad for its price.

Comment

Working...
                              X