Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think The Weapon Sounds Are A Bit ......... Quiet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    ??

UseSpatializedVoice=False
    SpatializedVoiceRadius=100000.000000

?? what is this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually, I've found you just have to change:

SoundVolume=1.000000

to

SoundVolume=3.000000

in your UT2004.ini file and then the sounds are great -- much better than UT2K3. BTW, it's a bug that's been reported a zillion times in the demo feedback forum, and Epic already said they're working on the sound problems.

Also, after you make the change, if you mess with certain menu settings within the game it's as if SoundVolume gets reset to 1.0, but it hasn't been. Just exit and reboot the game and it will be fine once more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the 2k4 sounds are highly missacled, i turn them up for more effect but then a tank with a machine gunner comes by and nearly blows my speakers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes! The 2k3 sounds are MUCH better

It's like I have plenty of volume, but the weapon sounds come off very distant and unclear....like they're being muffeled.

I can't believe they dicked with the shock sound (both combo and primary). That was perfection in 2k3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Turn off voice chat, that increases your overall volume.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lolington.

My output is quieter than ut2003 too, low even with pc and hifi volume maxed out. It's louder through earphones though, so I use those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ya um mine to i just raised it so it sounds better more louder real easy u go into ut2004 demo folder then in system look for a note pad like thang named UT2004 its the kind with a screw by it or somethang orange inside it search for MusicVolume=3.860000
    AmbientVolume=0.500000
    SoundVolume=3.000000
    VoiceVolume=2.740000
    VolumeScaleRec u will see some of those around an inch from the top of the scroll thangy when u see notes or stuff like that try changing the music volume a little higher oh and the numbers those probably aren't the 1s u have already those r the ones i changed it 2 and lol i don't think i explaned it very well so again u go to ut2004 demo folder in system in the ut2004 note pad thang with what looks like a orange screw hanging on the icon of it go in it and scrool down about an inch from the top of the notpad thangy and higher some of those numbers from MusicVolume= and SoundVolume= just rases the loudness nothing goes wrong i just raised it my self. if there is some wierd problem just change it back simple

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you should be posting this in the feedback forum

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find the same thing only with weapon switching, boostdodging and visable skins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find the same thing with the weapon sounds as well

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As I frequently like to remind people, I've been having a problem where all the sound effects in UT2k4 are at very, very low levels. Is it possible that you're experiencing something similar aswell?

What leads me to suspect the contrary, however, was the fact that my sound effects in UT2k3 were at a much higher (and good) level. I think that the sound effects in UT2k3 were great. Now if only I could get them in UT2k4.

Leave a comment:

• Do You Think The Weapon Sounds Are A Bit ......... Quiet ?

Dya think they sound a bit too low ? Even with the music down they dont seem *BLAM* enough, like the gun u start off with, very quiet, cud do with some pumping up imo. This is the same with UT2K3 & 4. Whadya reckon ?
Working...
X