If you aren't playing, please leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you aren't playing, please leave

Folks, if you aren't actually playing the game, then don't take up slots in the server. I was playing Assault today, and 3/4 of my entire team was afk. It was just me and some other (new) dude against 8 of their guys. :bulb: It usually isn't that bad, but there's usually at least 1 or 2 people per team afk, sometimes more. So if you are leaving for any length of time, just hit "disconnect", k?

That's probably why a lot of servers automatically kick you for idling.

Comment

On some UT2k3 servers is auto-idle-kick.
      thats pretty cool. It should be on all UT2k4 servers

Comment

Originally posted by Ean.st
        On some UT2k3 servers is auto-idle-kick.
        thats pretty cool. It should be on all UT2k4 servers
        Heh,flashback to the "Plz dont continuously pwn new players..." thread i think.
        Dark Spectre dont think you´ll get anywhere by asking people to do this,only way to come to terms with it is by forcing it.That´s just the sad truth with pub games,there will always be players messing up the game for others as long as they can do it,on purpose or not.

Comment

yeah - bring in kick idle by default - BUT make sure it doesnt kick spectators... happened to me before :weird:

Comment

You'll be able to kick them yourself in the full game.

Comment

I think the fact that it can be a total pain to get into a server cos of the browser auto refreshing everytime you cant connect to a server adds to the idling problem.... of course im afk for 1 min turns to 30 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Crofty
                I think the fact that it can be a total pain to get into a server cos of the browser auto refreshing everytime you cant connect to a server adds to the idling problem.... of course im afk for 1 min turns to 30 minutes
                Agreed, I find the server refresh thing pretty annoying. Luckily it only takes 30 seconds or so, but it is still unnecessary. Hopefully the "kick idlers" server option will be on by default in the real thing.

Comment

The auto idle kick was only a suggestion for ut2k4
                  anyway its very rarely that afk-player idle in a server
                  at least i dont care about it

Comment

It is annoying when people join games and then eat lunch or dinner instead of playing

Steve said the auto idle kick defaults to 2 minutes but it can be changed by server operators. As a player I would like it to be smaller and maybe even force it on permanently, but we don't feel it is our position to force settings on server operators. They run the server, they can do what they want.

Comment

please set it to 0.2 secs to stop camping :sour: :up: :down:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rein
                        It is annoying when people join games and then eat lunch or dinner instead of playing

Steve said the auto idle kick defaults to 2 minutes but it can be changed by server operators. As a player I would like it to be smaller and maybe even force it on permanently, but we don't feel it is our position to force settings on server operators. They run the server, they can do what they want.
                        A minute or so seems ideal.

This is actually becoming quite a problem

Comment

I find that Best Buy Sux site amusing. I work at Circuit City and have heard many horror stories from over there. :haha:

Comment

I just want to say that you can go a little too far with the Kick Idle timer too...

... the other day I got kicked when I stopped long enough to pop up the team roster and type a message. I had just been TKed and I wanted to make sure that the player the killed me was in fact on my team.

That's a little extreme... I'm sure that it's an anti-camping tactic for the server admin, but man, it was annoying.

Comment

:haha:
                              Frodo Fraggins" click ready button!"

"Yeah,you ****tard,click!"

"FRAGGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Idiot : ("

"Why doesnt he click?"

"Who?"

"Frodo"

"Im leaving"

Etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Working...