UT2004 Remote Server Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Remote Server Launch

Does anyone have a way to launch UT2004 straight to the server of your choice from an external link? I can only get the game itself to launch.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

in your browser type ut2004://serverIP:7777

Comment

It just launches the game. You still have to Join, then Favorites, then Server. I'm looking for a way to bypass some of this. I'm looking to create a link, either on my desktop or anywhere a link can be placed, that will launch ut04 and present me on my server, in spec mode, ready to start the game. (After any downloads of course. There has to be a way.

Thanks for you input, unrealloco.

Comment

UnrealLoco's version works for everyone, the problem must be on your site then.
        Maybe you didn't associate the UT2004 prefix of the URL with the game or you just tried to join crappy servers that have issues with this kind of thing.

This is how a working URL to spectator mode looks like:
        ut2004://109.231.191.6?SpectatorOnly=1

Comment

I believe you are right CKR. Must be on my end. The link you show just starts the game too. Everything looks perfect here but only starts the game. I'll keep on...thanks.

Comment

Hmm, do you have the Unreal Anthology? If yes, then you might want to install this, just to be sure: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_...ogy_Patch_Tool

Comment

Just use the RegFix, it should work.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have the Anthology. Not sure what the "RegFix" is. What's that green wire for?

Comment

A RegFix (Registy Fix) is a handy tool that repairs any registry damage that could have appeared in the system regarding the game, and that includes UMOD support, uninstallation info support, changing/recovering the serial key, allowing you to double-click a map to play it and, last but not least, fixing the UT2004:// protocol support. It is also very nice if you want to reinstall your OS but don't want to reinstall the game and all its mods - you can just copy the folder and in the new OS use the RegFix. Or even make your UT2004 installation portable by installing it on a flash drive/DVD.

Comment

Suprise!! Told there was a little tweak on the server side. It works now. Don't know what it was. Thanks for all the help everyone. Later.

Comment

Working...
                    X