UT99 becom less populair through UT2K4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    -Offtopic- baryonyx I sent you a pm, could you get some tiem to read please? Thanks!
    Edit pm sent, please empty your email box it is seems to be full

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He's training necromancy skill.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 11:09 PM

WHAT are you doing, exactly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    probaly in the back of my cabbinet lol

I play UT99 and have just about every unreal game there is
    I am waiting to see what the new one is like so far i had to use my bug zapper, OH! I am talking about UT4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i still and will continue to play all three games. all of them have their ups and downs, no game is perfect, but for the most part they are the best FPS ever made.period.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will UT 1 Survive?

1. The player movement is as close to real time as it can get to perfect in UT1, it is horribly sluggish in 2k3, and only a margin better in 2k4.

2. With the addition of Zencoders' Jets mutators, it has made the weapons section of UT 1 my most favorable part of UT after having only played instagib for the first 3 years.

3. The maps in UT 1 are adequately made to suit the game, whereas in 2k4 (sluggish player movement) seems to make it take longer to get across the same style of map...2k4 is marginally better than 2k3.

The tradeoff so far seems to be more eyecandy over solid gameplay. Will I buy (and play) 2k4? Yes, but I will still play UT1.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I voted for the first, although I'm expecting the second to happen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Megistos
    No matter how incredibly good UT was, after more than 3 years it just got boring.

I don't think that for me UT2004 will last longer than 3 years either, because I don't think that UT2004 is 'better' than UT. UT though, is old and boring, UT2004 is fresh and new.

If you ask me I'd say that UT can die. And it can take CS and all the other old **** with it.

But I won't deprive anyone of their fun. It's just that my long term 'attention span' doesn't last 5 or 6 years. If yours does, good for you :up:
    Good thing most people don't think like you do. Otherwise we'd be playing new crappy versions of football, basketball, and all other sports. Not to mention the most important games like quarters and strip poker.

Great games last forever, and UT is no exception. There are still people out there who are die hard DOS gamers ffs. UT for competitive online gamers will still be one of the best things going, especially for gametypes like CTF and TDM. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No matter how incredibly good UT was, after more than 3 years it just got boring.

I don't think that for me UT2004 will last longer than 3 years either, because I don't think that UT2004 is 'better' than UT. UT though, is old and boring, UT2004 is fresh and new.

If you ask me I'd say that UT can die. And it can take CS and all the other old **** with it.

But I won't deprive anyone of their fun. It's just that my long term 'attention span' doesn't last 5 or 6 years. If yours does, good for you :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by .:i:.
    nothing can replace ut
    2k4 is good,but better than ut?
    no.
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nothing can replace ut
    2k4 is good,but better than ut?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -]Fusi√łN[-
    I'm only allowed to play one game or smth? I've played Assault for the last three years and will continue to do so with ut99. And for 2k4 it'll be Onslaught. Don't see why those two cant live next to eachother
    That's is another question....
    But you right, those two can live to eachother but that depends on what kind of player you are.
    Personally I don't like to play both games next to eachother, the different style, double jumps etc. they confuse me so that I suck playing both games .
    For me means that playing only UT'99 or UT2K4....

Originally posted by Rodger
    Playing T4 (and T3) I get the feeling of a game designed for teenagers, not one I can really get into playing seriously. Bright skins, hacks, and cheats that let the games be even less thought based - but more "winning is all the fun" self centered. Childish taunts, "wicked sicks", tinny voices, announcer tracks for mediocre play - these are all things that seem to cry "look at me - aren't I tall? I'm pretty special" in a 13YO way.
    Maybe we're growing 'old' :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea i like the sims.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still like UT. It's the kind of game that you never forget, nor should it be forgotten. I really wish the Necris would make an appearance in UT2k4, they were fokin awesome. :up:

I feel this strange, sudden need to play The Sims. See everyone later, I'm heading to the hospital for a CAT scan. :bulb:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X