How are the latest Nvidia Drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the latest Nvidia Drivers?

The ones i have now are 48.XX(dont know those 2 #'s)

Probably still cheating around

Comment

Suck balls.....on my ti4200 Ut2k4 dropped over 40 FPS, call of duty was unplayable.

Comment

I've just upgraded from 45.something to 56.55 (forceware) , and it generally seems a little smoother. This is on a 4200. No significant fps increase, but no problems at all yet.

Comment

The Linux drivers work great.

Comment

ive got an 128GeForceMX4000, what are the best drivers for me?.

i got the latest and a have around 40fps in ONS at 1024x768.
            help??:sour:

Comment

53.03 is the last official release. They're pretty good, I haven't had any problems with them.

Comment

i wouldnt bother unless you have an fx fid card.

Comment

for gf4 tis the best driver to use is the 41.09

Comment

Do not use anything above 53.04/53.03's if you value your UT2003/4 experience.... I have read many accounts of reduced performance with most beta or reference drivers released after those stated.... I am holding off upgrading my 53.03's until better ones come out :up:

Comment

The WHQL certified 56.55 drivers run my MSI GF4 Ti4200 128M 8x much better than any of the other drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by savwa
                        The WHQL certified 56.55 drivers run my MSI GF4 Ti4200 128M 8x much better than any of the other drivers.
                        The write-up on the 56.55 drivers stated they caused a performance decrease in the Ut2004 demo tho

Comment

I liked the 53.03s, but risked trying the 56.55s. I like them a lot! They work great with my card (see sig.) and they have a few extra features that I like in the desktop management section! I like the 56.55s much better than the 53.03s for **** sure!!

If you have a different video card from mine I can't tell if they'll be good for you or not, but "for me" they're 'it' right now. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by savwa
                            That's interesting, considering the last WHQL release was 53.03. :weird: Say, can I borrow your time machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Spectre
                              That's interesting, considering the last WHQL release was 53.03. :weird: Say, can I borrow your time machine?
                              56.55 are WHQL actually, just not officially released by Nvidia!

http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

Interresting thing too, the 56.56 release states:

"Right now there is a bug in the 56.56 driver that causes a dramatic performance regression from 53.03 (current driver) in the new UT 2004 demo. NVIDIA is working to fix the bug ASAP, a new release is slated on MArch 1st. Mean time, please note that UT 2004 scores are unrealistically low. The scores are fine on 53.03."

I wonder if the same bug is in the 56.55s or just the 56.56s?!

Comment

Working...
                              X