Wireless-Optical Mouse w/ Shooters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless-Optical Mouse w/ Shooters...

Hi. I've played a number of 1st person shooters over the years. Today I bought an optical and wireless mouse (Logitech) and the control in the UT2004 demo was just not as good. It feels like I might be able to adjust to this but at times my guy would "spin" around too. Does anyone else play with this type of mouse? What are your thoughts on this?

I'm going to try in with Medal of Honor and see if I get similar results.

Thanks.

I use a Logitech cordless optical, and it works fine for me. The only thing is that if you move it *very* fast, like if you're trying to play Spank the Monkey, it doesn't track well.

Comment

MX700, only way to go.

Comment

I had a MX700 cordless and I found it sucked for games(and everything else) because it's too heavy and slow. I traded it in for the identical MX500 and it kicks a s s.

Comment

What kind of Logitech did you buy? Some of the cheaper ones are :bulb: I have a 10 dollar logitech that goes beserk when you move it too fast...

Get the mx500 it never failed me...well actually get the new 510 if you can.

Comment

Cordless Click

I went with the $40 Cordless Click. I probably should have purchased a better model but thought that was a lot of money. It may be that I end up plugging in the wired and cheap optical (another Logitech) thats on the laptop.

The feedback here and on the other forum is mixed but looks like a few ppl have trouble gaming with it.

Comment

Scat, thanks for the suggestion but that is a mouse with a tail (wire). It may be the logical choice if this does not work out but we'll see

Comment

Re: Wireless-Optical Mouse w/ Shooters...

There are settings both in and out of game. Adjust to your liking

Comment

I used to use a wireless until it broke about 2 weeks ago. IMO I would rather go with just an optical mouse rather than a cordless just because of dealing with batteries and such. Also often times after having used it for a year, the sensors stopped working at randoms times. The control and feel for me is just the same either way.

Comment

corded and wireless mice feel the same to me too.

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                      I had a MX700 cordless and I found it sucked for games(and everything else) because it's too heavy and slow. I traded it in for the identical MX500 and it kicks a s s.
                      Yeah, that's the only problem, I ended up with a massive right forearm.... then I adjusted it a bit a found I didn't have to lift it up at all.

Comment

Sometimes when you move an optical mouse really fast, it does that mental thing right? I've found that that only happens when its on shiny surfaces. I don't know if that makes any sense has anyone found the same?

Comment

Yeah, mine messes up if you move it super fast. Its not on a shiny surface though.

Comment

Logitech cordless optical. Never had a single problem with it, and it works better than my old Logitech corded mouse. :up:

Comment

Working...
                            X