Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Community Tournament - UPDATED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing UT3 lately and I still love UT2004 and the UT2k4 Community so count me in .

Comment

Originally posted by Blaargh View Post
      I was thinking about somewhere around 23:00 GMT. I think that would be not too early in America (19:00), and not too late in Europe (01:00).
      Now how in the world is that "not too late"? :P I'd rather have 13:00 and 19:00 respectively. Although the fact that it would not be a weekend would make it harder.

Comment

Because it's on a Friday I thought it would not matter much if it were to begin around that time. Then again, it was only a suggestion.

But you're right that it would be easier on a Saturday or Sunday.

Comment

Saturday... Well, for me only a "maybe". Sunday is rather bad. Sunday is the day I usually spend with my family. And on Monday I have to get up early in the morning so I think I'm out on these two days. :/
          But it could be possible on Saturday.

So we have two options now: 10-1 and 2-10 right?

EDIT: What about you Unreal4Eva? What would be the best time and day for you?

Comment

Hi guys, I am back, after a long time playing UT3 and Heores of Newerth

So 1st October and we have 2 options but I don't understand wich of the time is for euro and wich is for america.

the difrence betwen america and euro is? I know the difrence betwen Portugal and Brazil is liek 3hours. So if it is a difrence of 3 hours, for me the best would be 4pm euro and 1pm america, if it is 3 hours difrence. I think that it would be better to be after lunch, because that way noone would need to leave because of that.

Thanks Sly. for waiting for a post from me, I thought this was dead, so I didn't came here when I got back to the forums, sorry 1st October is good and even better after lunch for everyone, so it is like 2pm america and #(?) here.

lol I don't know the time difrence betwen euro and america lol

Edit: OK 5 hours difrence from Washington DC(America)-Lisbon(Portugal); 6 hours difrence from Washington DC(America)-Berlim(Germany).

So the best would be 2pm(America)-7pm(Portugal, this is GTM +00); 2pm(America)-8pm(Germany, this is GTM +01)

Comment

Yeah, that sounds good to me. @our American community members: Is it okay?

EDIT: Well, Washington D.C.. That's on the east coast. I would say it would be better to count the difference between the west coast and Europe.

Comment

Well as long as this isn't being played before 17.00 GMT +1 on my server, I'm okay, since I have to travel with train and this'll be the time i'll be done setting up the server. Just tell me the time we can start as long as it is after 17.00 GMT +1. Also include this for EVERY time zone, like I do below.

So 17GMT +1 == 5PM GMT +1
                So take a look below how late 5 PM is in your timezones

GMT -11........5 AM
                GMT -10........6 AM
                GMT -9..........7 AM
                GMT -8..........8 AM
                GMT -7..........9 AM
                GMT -6..........10 AM
                GMT -5..........11 AM
                GMT -4..........12 AM
                GMT -3..........1 PM
                GMT -2..........2 PM
                GMT -1..........3 PM
                GMT..............4 PM
                GMT +1..........5 PM
                GMT +2..........6 PM
                GMT +3..........7 PM
                GMT +4..........8 PM
                GMT +5..........9 PM
                GMT +6........10 PM
                GMT +7........11 PM
                GMT +8........12 PM
                GMT +9..........1 AM
                GMT +10........2 AM
                GMT +11........3 AM
                GMT +12........4 AM

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
                  Edit: OK 5 hours difrence from Washington DC(America)-Lisbon(Portugal); 6 hours difrence from Washington DC(America)-Berlim(Germany).

So the best would be 2pm(America)-7pm(Portugal, this is GTM +00); 2pm(America)-8pm(Germany, this is GTM +01)
                  Yeap, that sounds about right. Even on the west coast it would be 10 AM, so it's not impossible to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy. View Post
                    Well as long as this isn't being played before 17.00 GMT +1 on my server, I'm okay, since I have to travel with train and this'll be the time i'll be done setting up the server. Just tell me the time we can start as long as it is after 17.00 GMT +1. Also include this for EVERY time zone, like I do below.

So 17GMT +1 == 5PM GMT +1
                    So take a look below how late 5 PM is in your timezones

GMT -11........5 AM
                    GMT -10........6 AM
                    GMT -9..........7 AM
                    GMT -8..........8 AM
                    GMT -7..........9 AM
                    GMT -6..........10 AM
                    GMT -5..........11 AM
                    GMT -4..........12 AM
                    GMT -3..........1 PM
                    GMT -2..........2 PM
                    GMT -1..........3 PM
                    GMT..............4 PM
                    GMT +1..........5 PM
                    GMT +2..........6 PM
                    GMT +3..........7 PM
                    GMT +4..........8 PM
                    GMT +5..........9 PM
                    GMT +6........10 PM
                    GMT +7........11 PM
                    GMT +8........12 PM
                    GMT +9..........1 AM
                    GMT +10........2 AM
                    GMT +11........3 AM
                    GMT +12........4 AM

that schedule is good for me, I am GTM+00, so 4pm is good.

But the schedule I posted in the first post says that the match could be 20GTM+01, is that ok for you? maybe a little bit less late? "11GTM+08(America/Los Angeles) - 14GTM+05(America/New York) - 19GTM+00(Portugal/Lisbon) - 20GTM+01(Germany/Berlin)"

Comment

A question we didn't answer yet was this one:
                      What is the gravity value for UT3 gameplay for UT2004?
                      Well, it's about 1250. It's not 100% the same but it's very very very close. You can start with this value and try to find the exact one. Maybe someone knows the original value. But I'm not sure if it would be the same on the UE2. Maybe there's a difference?
                      It would be good to use melissa_jo's Gravity Adjustment mutator.
                      We wanted to play with the UT3 Style mutator by GE on Suspense2k4 by Jeffrey.
                      I recommend to set a password which will be sent per PM to everybody who wants to play in our CT so that only the community can play.
                      Remember: It's a Community Tournament

So let's see.. These people will play:
                      • 100GPing100
                      • Me
                      • Blaargh
                      • Unreal4Eva
                      • GreatEmerald
                      • FewPosts (?)
                      • Troy.

I think there could be more people. Spread the word over the 2k4 community, maybe some members were too busy and they didn't notice this thread.

(This should be a sticky thread since this won't be the first CT I think )

Comment

Not through PM, but just post it here. Those who are reading it are a part of the community, after all.

Comment

One problem tought, I have a difrent version of UT3 Style Mutators, I have the ammo and armor pickups like UT3 already(because of the help I gave to GreatEmeral), and if the UT3 Vehicles mutator is used and there is a Helbender to replace the game crashes, so I am going to delete everything I have of UT3 Style and install the Beta3. I assume I have beta3.5 LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                            A question we didn't answer yet was this one:
                            What is the gravity value for UT3 gameplay for UT2004?
                            Well, it's about 1250. It's not 100% the same but it's very very very close. You can start with this value and try to find the exact one. Maybe someone knows the original value. But I'm not sure if it would be the same on the UE2. Maybe there's a difference?
                            It would be good to use melissa_jo's Gravity Adjustment mutator.
                            We wanted to play with the UT3 Style mutator by GE on Suspense2k4 by Jeffrey.
                            I recommend to set a password which will be sent per PM to everybody who wants to play in our CT so that only the community can play.
                            Remember: It's a Community Tournament
                            So what ur actually saying is that we want to play in UT3 style? Well, not really what I thought but if people want so, i'm okay, after all it's about the fun BUT, when we do it all in UT3 style I need either a good redirect for the server, or just let us all download the stuff manually and giving the download links in the PMs.

We need to be VERY sure what mutators we are going to add, and be sure what gametypes we will use, I will need the download links on friday.

that schedule is good for me, I am GTM+00, so 4pm is good.

But the schedule I posted in the first post says that the match could be 20GTM+01, is that ok for you? maybe a little bit less late? "11GTM+08(America/Los Angeles) - 14GTM+05(America/New York) - 19GTM+00(Portugal/Lisbon) - 20GTM+01(Germany/Berlin)"
                            Agreed, it'll the next friday 8PM GMT +1??

But still, I think Flak needs to join us aswell.

Comment

One problem tought, I have a difrent version of UT3 Style Mutators, I have the ammo and armor pickups like UT3 already(because of the help I gave to GreatEmeral), and if the UT3 Vehicles mutator is used and there is a Helbender to replace the game crashes, so I am going to delete everything I have of UT3 Style and install the Beta3. I assume I have beta3.5 LMAO
                              No! Don't delete it O_o
                              It can be still very useful. How about ... uhm.. change the location of the mutator files so that you don't have to replace them? Or a very silly idea: New beta.

Comment

there will be no problem deleting them, I gave a copy to GreatEmerald

Ye 8pmGTM+01 if you'r ok with that, if you want it not to be so late, just say an hour in your GTM and I'll post the other GTM's

Comment

Working...
                                X