X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be playing lots of difrent game types, such has DM, TDM, TAM, ONS, CTF, VCTF.

Comment

Sorry I won't be able attend the Tournament for I am officially moving again and I have to transfer my ISP to my new address. I'll let you know when I'm back online again.

Comment

Awww You have really bad luck what concerns the date, haven't you?

PS: I doubt that I'll be able to make a UT2004 birthday cake ONS map until the CT (which is in about one week) because I lack chocolate cream, jelly and whipped cream textures and can't seem to find any on the web

Comment

Something like these?
          Chocolate and some kind of jelly.

(Now I'm hungry )

Comment

Do they have some kind of pattern so that you can place them next to each other? I have no Photoshop right now (have to install it) and can't add a pattern myself that's why I ask. If they have one then I'm going to use them
            Thanks for the links! I've been searching on Google for some hours but couldn't find any fitting textures... how did you do that!?

Comment

I googled "Chocolate texture" and "Jelly texture".
              They both have a pattern. I've placed them next to each other (themselves?) and it looks perfectly natural.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a whipped cream texture of some sort.
              I'll go see if I can find something that can be used as a whipped cream texture.

EDIT: Being unable to find anything even remotely resembling a whipped cream texture, I decided to more or less make one myself.
              This basically consists of a snow texture, and me messing around with brightness, contrast and blurring.
              Anyways, it turned out like this.

Let me know what you think. If you don't like it I can always make another one.

Comment

Thanks Blaargh! You "saved" the map and you deserve to be mentioned in the "special thanks" section in the description

As I said previously I have no Photoshop right now so I couldn't make any of these textures myself. You're a great help!
                Maybe I'll get it done until our next CT (even if I have to leave out the (more "complex") bot pathing, we players will be playing the map and you can only play ONS with a decent number of players anyway).

Comment

No problem, dude.
                  I'm glad I was able to help you out.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the chocolate texture I posted will look good on the top of the cake.
                  So here's another one. Maybe this one can be used on the top and the other one on the sides or something.

Comment

Perfect! *thumbs up*
                    Mmmmmhhh... Chocolate cream cake with 3 whipped cream layers (and a "Happy Birthday UT2004" lettering in the middle) and small dots of jelly
                    You'll like that map, will have to model the candles though (they're missing and inside of the candles there will be the nodes
                    (btw, jelly = acts like kicker and can throw projectiles and vehicles through the map )

PS: Thinking about adding chocolate sprinkles as a deco layer on top of it. Will have to model them as well.

Comment

Are there ever any community tournaments hosted in North America?

Comment

We didn't have on in NA yet. Most of us who participate in this event are from Europe anyway so we always organized it on a EU server

Comment

Flak said she couldn't join since she is swamped with work for the next UDK beta. She wanted to offer some prizes again, though.

Comment

Aww, too bad
                            Well, I bet the next one won't be the last one so...

Comment

I wish it won't be the last one, I want to own you all more time xD

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                                Flak said she couldn't join since she is swamped with work for the next UDK beta.
                                That's too bad. I really want to play a match against Flak sometime.
                                I hope she'll be able to join next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X