Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Tournament - UPDATED!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool
    Hey Flak.

    We are planning a new UT2k4 Community Tournament for the 1st January 2011 (a Saturday). Any chance you could participate this time, or too busy again?
    Originally posted by Flak
    Crusha, that is 3 days before I leave to visit my family but I promise I will try. I can offer a few prizes too!
    Let's hope that she can make it.


    BTW, GPing, it's UTC-08 in that direction.

    Comment


      Wow! That sounds great (as always)! Let's hope she'll be able to join us this time.

      Comment


        Two days left. Time to send out the invitations?

        Comment


          I think first we should discuss what we want to play this time Then I'll add links for the files in the PM.
          I had a lot of fun playing the Hydro remake in the UT99 remake pack for UT2003.
          We should play some Suspense2k4 as well (just because )

          Comment


            Count me in! I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is my UT2004 has become corrupted and so has my UT3 ie, I uninstalled all games! The good news is I'm going to Gamestop here where I live and pick up a copy of Unreal Anthology for just $1.99!

            Comment


              Sounds good!
              Anything you'd like to play on the next CT?

              Comment


                Or (if you have Steam) you can get all Unreal games together for 15 bucks. Also those that are not in the Anthology. And you will never have to buy it again.

                (German guys click here first to get a cookie of the US Steam store, since the pack is not available in Germany due to youth protection reasons.
                Germans would need to let an Austrian, American or British guy or anyone else who can buy it send it to them as a gift, if they want to use that offer)

                Comment


                  I can make it, I had to cancel my trip.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Flak View Post
                    I can make it, I had to cancel my trip.
                    We could lie to you and say that we are sorry.

                    Comment


                      Indeed, "we" could.
                      But I can't. My parents always said "If you lie, you'll go to hell!" when I was young.

                      The offer is nice. You also have UT3, but you have no music CD and here in Germany you can buy UT3 for just 5€ if you know where to look for it. Then you can buy Anthology for about 10€ (with all games ) and you have all games + music CD for 15 €

                      I bet we can't view this offer because of UT GOTY I still don't get it... They are allowed to sell Unreal but not UT? Unreal 1 is at least as brutal as UT99 (okay, it doesn't have a chainsaw... but it's still brutal..)! However, I have both in my Anthology Pack so I don't care anymore.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                        Or (if you have Steam) you can get all Unreal games together for 15 bucks. Also those that are not in the Anthology. And you will never have to buy it again.

                        (German guys click here first to get a cookie of the US Steam store, since the pack is not available in Germany due to youth protection reasons.
                        Germans would need to let an Austrian, American or British guy or anyone else who can buy it send it to them as a gift, if they want to use that offer)
                        Yes, but you will also receive messed up UnrealEds plus DRM bloatware.

                        You could get it off Impulse worldwide without any DRM and with correct installation paths. Or on GOG.com, albeit without UT3.

                        Originally posted by Flak View Post
                        I can make it, I had to cancel my trip.
                        Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                        We could lie to you and say that we are sorry.
                        Got to love the community here

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                          I bet we can't view this offer because of UT GOTY I still don't get it... They are allowed to sell Unreal but not UT? Unreal 1 is at least as brutal as UT99 (okay, it doesn't have a chainsaw... but it's still brutal..)! However, I have both in my Anthology Pack so I don't care anymore.
                          Ah, that might be the reason. Somehow the USK is afraid of chainsaws. They allowed "Doom 3" with an 18er rating but not it's addon "Resurrection of Evil". The latter had a chainsaw as new weapon.

                          Comment


                            And it was about time.. A Doom game without a chainsaw?
                            [paste immortal dog reference here]
                            But I think you are right. Quake 3 also wasn't released in Germany. We Germans are poor... :/

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                              But I think you are right. Quake 3 also wasn't released in Germany. We Germans are poor... :/
                              Doesn't prevent my IT-teacher from playing it with us in an improvised LAN.

                              Comment


                                Me neither. I still have an original Quake 3 Arena CD

                                I guess we'll be playing Campgrounds on the CT as well but how about another nice Q3 map: CTF-2H-CDDSpace (I don't remember the original name of the map but that's what the remake is called). It's fast, has a floating Redeemer pickup and many kickers and teleporters
                                Good for 3 vs 3
                                I can post it when I find the original archive (somewhere in one of my folders...). If I can't find it I'll just search for a download link or post what you need (it could be that I forget a few files then iIrc you just need the map and the music file for this one (the music file is as always optional since you can play without it), nothing more).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X