Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2k4 configs

Hello Ut2k4-Community,

i wonder if somebody could tell me where i can get the .ini's from kiLLu or somebody else.
    I once had them but cant figure out where to find it now, since respawnkiller.de is down

Thanks for your help!

snosbla

this is a cache page of that site the downloads are dead the file your looking for is
    kiLLu's User.ini & UT2004.ini + *.int files and i cant find it anywhere is it tweaks or something????

http://web.archive.org/web/200803251...260398442.html

Comment

Using other people's INIs is always suboptimal, they could even harm your installation. And they sure won't help you achieve anything since you can always change everything through the settings menu.

Comment

I know that they could harm, but that config always worked fine for me and i'm not able to reconstruct all the settings these *.ini's had.
        Thanks unrealloco. That were the *.ini's i was looking for, its a pitty that the site is down .

Anybody still got them?

Comment

Hello, here are many ini's that are of old pro players and such. It was put together a long time ago from a request for the pro's and/or standout 1v1 players to contribute their ini's and then it was uploaded to unrealnorth or cached.net, I cannot remember which and do not know the original link. However I've had it saved for a while and recently put it up on filefront. I'm sure you could find a good one that works for you as there are lots to choose from.

Enjoy:
          http://www.filefront.com/16831673/Pro-INIs.zip/

Comment

Thanks a lot dude!

Comment

I don't get it. Why use someone's else it's settings while you are best on your own settings, and you can also tweak your UT2004 the way you want it. I just use my own configuration, and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy. View Post
                I don't get it. Why use someone's else it's settings while you are best on your own settings, and you can also tweak your UT2004 the way you want it. I just use my own configuration, and it works fine.
                Obviously you're comfortable with your own settings so therefore you would not like changing to someone elses settings. Or maybe ignorance is bliss and you don't realize you could have an even smoother game and better visibility. Wait, maybe you don't care? Well others do so get over yourself. It works just the same when someone is not comfortable with their own settings and would be better on someone elses, especially people that don't know much about tweaking or configuring for visibility, performance, etc and desire to have that edge.

It can take a bit of work to research every single setting and what's useful, what isn't, how to make your ini clean and lean, and whether something really helps or not. I know this because I've delved into it. It's easier just to load someones config and see whether you like it or not, no? It's funny how someone doesn't 'get this' and try to over-simplify it. There's a reason many people share pro configs across all fps games and they DO help.

Comment

Well there's always a tweak guide Maybe you should check it out. This way you can optimize the game especially for your PC. If you do that by yourself you might be even happier with the results. Believe me

Comment

As for keybinds, be sure to take a look at the ultimate keybind guide:
                    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=408970

Comment

Great! thx m8

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                        they sure won't help you achieve anything since you can always change everything through the settings menu.
                        You certainly can't change everything through the settings menu.

I run fullscreen at a widescreen resolution that isn't in the resolution dropdown list, at 120fps online. I default player skins, and don't get all the startup movies...that's just the changes I can remember making. None of that stuff is available without direct tweaking of the ini files.

Comment

Working...
                        X