Why do you like the UT2004 community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you like the UT2004 community?

Just had an idea about such a thread last night.

Personally I like this community (here at the UT2004 forum) a lot. You know every member (it's not too big), everybody contributes his or her part to the community, we're joking a lot and everybody is (of course) polite.
    It's just awesome. When I take a look at the UT3 forum and it's community, it's something completly different. IMO it hasn't got such an easy-going atmosphere as we have it here.
    That's why I like our UT2004 community.

What do you think?
    Why do you like 2k4's community?

Post your answer!

Perhaps is because UT3 attract casual gamers . . .

They do not know how to act within a game community . . .

Here we have something called "derecho de piso" or floor rights (Google translate it as "dues", membership fee in spanish), its something implicit, its like if you starts in a new labor and start treating everyone as if you knew from the day you were born, some people do not like that attitude . . . well, the new members did not comply with the dues and suffered the reaction of the former members who were known for years . . .

Also noteworthy that more than 10 years have passed from the release of UT99 and people change, especially here in Argentina where public school is dumbing-down students more and more everyday . . .

I see that a lot in my community (we support UT99, UT2k4 and UT3 with servers and forums since day zero), the new UT3 players never fit right in it, to the point of divide and create their own exclusive UT3 community of mindclosed players, a pity . . .

(I know that they are going to burn me because this post)

=P

Comment

I know what you mean. UT3 made UT a more "mainstream"-like game That's the reason why the community and its members change.

Comment

I like both communities tbh. ut3 is more mainstream and casual so the average player when doesnt know whats going on when vets from previous games talk about it.

Comment

I like both also. I find them both (ut3 & ut2004 communities) to be just great and not to forget that each "vet" knows about each of the games.

I love you guys here and at Epic Games for making the Unreal (series) such great games!

Comment

Both communities have their strengths and weaknesses. The bad part of 2k4 is just REALLY under the surface (in game ****).

What I like best about the UT2004 community is the DEDICATION!

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
              What I like best about the UT2004 community is the DEDICATION!
              +1
              (hmmm can't post a simple +1 because of the 10-character limit)

Comment

Originally posted by lilalurl View Post
                +1
                (hmmm can't post a simple +1 because of the 10-character limit)
                I'll give you a +1 for your +1 I think in the same way The dedication to the UT2004 community is the best!

Comment

B e s t c o m m u n i t y e v e r ! !

The UT3 Community isn't so happy, I one time created a thread there to ask for some tutorials, and the only thing they made was really post tutorials, I said it was the first time I was in there, but still they only gave me tutorials and didn't said, for example, "Welcome to UT3 Community, if you need help we are here", they just gave me the freaking tutorials.

When I joined UT2004 community, it was because of UT3Style mutator of GreatEmerald, and in my first post, I said it was my first time, and that I had just registered to comment his work(I wasn't going to saty here and post anymore),but you know what, I got a "Welcome to the community", and everyone was so nice, that I started to come here more often, and now I come here every time I have a chance.

Y O U A R E T H E B E S T ! !

no big smile, well here you go:
                  http://pintarletras.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/smile.jpg

Comment

Pretty much based on my time from all communities I hung out, the UT2004 is the most civilized and friendliest (wish I can say the same to the others, but no...they are not civilized and friendly).

Comment

That's true. The other communities like the UT3 forum (it's the best example) haven't got this spirit. The atmosphere is really stressed. It's the opposite of what you can find here.
                      What's with the rest? Do you like the UT2004 community?

EDIT: Also the design of this forum is a lot better. This red and black colors at the UT3 forum are too agressive IMO. That might be another reason why I don't like the other forum :/ This blue color calms me down

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                        That's true. The other communities like the UT3 forum (it's the best example) haven't got this spirit. The atmosphere is really stressed. It's the opposite of what you can find here.
                        What's with the rest? Do you like the UT2004 community?

EDIT: Also the design of this forum is a lot better. This red and black colors at the UT3 forum are too agressive IMO. That might be another reason why I don't like the other forum :/ This blue color calms me down
                        +1. I am thinking the same about it.

Comment

I've found another reason why this community owns all the others!!
                          You can always distribute your part to others work and help them out. That's a great feeling!
                          This community just makes me smile!

Comment

Group hug time....

When I tried to sort out some of the issues in Freon I was trying to think of a name for the file name - and plumped for "Cuddles" as you can gain health by being close to higher-health teammates.

When we were implementing a swear filter we opted for substituting "darling" for <rude words here>. Now the potty-mouthed players go round calling the other players "You darling!"

The UT2004 community is great.

Comment

Well here is an example of what I was talking about(Sly.):
                              Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                              First of all: Welcome to our community!

Do you mean Unreal Scripted Sequences with Matinees? That can be done very easily. There are some tutorials how to make Matinee-animated pawns.

I think this might help you: Tutorial: How to make a Matinee
                              And you might need this one: Tutorial: Animations / How to make Pawns act like you want
                              They might look very confusing but everything is explained in detail and we are here to help you if you have futher questions.
                              I hope I could help you with this. If you have further questions just ask us
                              you can see that the first thing he makes is saying "Welcome to the community" and then he goes on with the answer

Comment

Working...
                              X