UT Screenshot Riddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT Screenshot Riddle

I got inspired somewhere else to open this thread.

How about playing a little game and testing your knowledge about all the UT maps out there?

The rules are simple: Someone posts a screenshot of a map from a UT game. The map can be custom, of course, but you should at least tell from which UT (UT99, 2k3, 2k4, maybe also UT3) if it's not clearly visible.
    Now it's about the rest of the guys here to guess which map it is. (But don't post things like 'have no clue', this thread shall not serve spamming )

The one who posted the pic has to confirm if an answer was right. Then it's the guesser's turn to post the next pic and so on. Have fun, hopefully we find one or another map that's interesting but didn't cross our paths until now.

Oh, and if it seems that nobody knows the answer then post more pics of that map and give some other hints.

I start with these two, from UT2k4. It's an ONS map.

[SHOT]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/926/riddle2.jpg[/SHOT]

Pretty hard for the beginning, but those who know the easter egg will probably know the answer immediately.

I've no idea. Could you post more screens?

Comment

Ok, I admit that it's hard to guess that from a pool of all ONS maps out there and not only the maps from a certain server. So here you go, now it should be more clear.

[SHOT]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/420/riddle4.jpg[/SHOT]

[SHOT]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3803/riddle3.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

Now I'm sure that it is Dreamus 2 SE! BTW where can I find that sign? Never noticed it.

Comment

When you look at the north base so that it's obscured by smoke.

Your turn to post a picture.

Comment

O_o How did the autor of the map make these AWESOME TELEPORTERS! First time I've noticed them! Used them, COOL EFFECT, got to a lift. Was confused. Lift started. Got to Udamage and O_o SIMPLY AWESOME!

Comment

Ehm, teleporters? Where?

Comment

You didn't find them? (Well it could be that you have another version cuz I have the SE-Version of Dreamus 2) Above the bases at the mountains/cliffs/whatever there is a boiler. Dodge up there and on this boiler there is a sniper ammo and a purple flare or something like that. That's a teleporter. Have fun with discovering this spectacular event! It looks just awesome O_O

Comment

I already heard about an easter egg in Dreamus, but maybe we run a modified version of Dreamus-SE in which that is removed.

Still your turn to post a picture.

Comment

Hmmm... Really hard to find a good one. I think it will take about 15 minutes till I post one
                    Okay found a good one. I think it's obvious from which game it is and I'll post a pic in a second.
                    EDIT:
                    That's it:
                    [SHOT]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8731/riddle1.png[/SHOT]
                    Sorry, it's a bit dark. Hope you can see what's on the pic. If not, set your brightness higher.

Comment

Does anybody have an idea yet?

Comment

That's UT99, I guess? Never played, that was before my time.

I guess nobody guessed yet because they didn't notice that you edited that post. Always make a new post if you make important updates.

Comment

Shall I dissolve it? Or shall I wait for responses from others?
                          EDIT: It was also before my time.. I wish I would have played this game when it had it's biggest playercount But well.. I got it finally and I played it even before 2004 Just bought the english version of Anthology few moths ago contains UT99 and 2004 and U1 and 2. Too bad that my old Unreal 1 CD got lost

Comment

Well, you can give more hints and post more pics before finally solving it.

Comment

If you take a look at someone's signature, it's obvious who the author of the map is.
                              Here's another pic:
                              [SHOT]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2924/riddle1a.png[/SHOT]
                              I think it still isn't that clear but I'll give you another hint:
                              It has to do with an industrial and a gothic theme.

EDIT: IMO UT99 had better themes and styles than any other UT. It was that close to Unreal's atmosphere, you really could see that UT was going to be an Unreal multiplayer expansion pack actually before getting released as a whole new game, independent of Unreal 1's content. And the gameplay was simply awesome. That was truely a masterpiece...

Comment

Working...
                              X