Q3 and Unreal 2004 Mouse Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q3 and Unreal 2004 Mouse Speed

Hi, ive played unreal 2004, and it owns im just wondering how do i convert my Q3 mouse speed into the Unreal 2004 mouse speed. I use 24 mouse speed in Q3, so what is that equivalent to in unreal 2004? Plz help me thx

Q3?

:bulb:

Comment

not really sure if there's a way to directly convert one to the other....
      best bet is probably to do a 360 and measure the distance your mouse cover on the pad....then guess and test in unreal until you get the close to the same distance
      :up:

Comment

something between 10 and 15 should be ok for you. im using 5.7 in q3 and 2.8 in ut.

Comment

Q3 is Quake 3

Comment

Does anybody know an exact speed?

Comment

do you use accel?

Comment

nope

Comment

Use a ruler or piece of string and follow Beer.Blunt's advice

Comment

well if you want the exact speed do the following:

start any kind of q3 map, move your mouse to the very right of your pad. now mark that point with something.
                    then just move your mouse to the left until you made a complete 360° look around.
                    now take something to mess how far you moved the mouse (how many cm).
                    after you know that, open any ut map and change the sensitivity until the mouse must move the same way to do a 360° look around as in q3.

you hope you get what i mean, my english isnt that good.

Comment

yes i undestand, thx:up:

Comment

Since the game has been out for a while, i was wondering if anyone had made any program that did this?

Comment

It's not really something which can be done properly.

This is because UT and Q3 use different systems for mouse input. And on top of THAT, Q3 has several different methods for mouse input itself.. and they dont all equate to the same sensitivities or feel.

The '360 movement distance' method of seeing how far you have to move the mouse is probably as good as it gets, I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                          X