Hitsounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitsounds

So whenever I play TAM, hitsounds are always the same - no matter how much damage the hit does. Every hitsound is the EXACT same, and it has always been like this for me.

My understanding is that for hits that do a lot of damage, a low sound should be heard; and hits that do little damage give a high sound.

Anyone know why I don't get this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The time in which a sound is played can be influenced by the Pitch value in the script. Playing the sound slowly will make it sound low, playing it fast will make it sound high.

You could try to bind the Pitch to the accumulated damage, but that would require to script a new mutator.

Comment

TAM and UTComp have different hit sound implementations, standard UT2004 doesn't have any hit sounds. Quake 3 also had constant hit sounds, so what exactly is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
        TAM and UTComp have different hit sound implementations, standard UT2004 doesn't have any hit sounds. Quake 3 also had constant hit sounds, so what exactly is your point?
        I thought that in TAM, the pitch of the hit sound was supposed to correlate with the damage the hit inflicts. What I'm saying is that when I play TAM, the hit sound is always constant - regardless of how much damage the hit does.

Comment

Originally posted by lostandconfused View Post
          I thought that in TAM, the pitch of the hit sound was supposed to correlate with the damage the hit inflicts. What I'm saying is that when I play TAM, the hit sound is always constant - regardless of how much damage the hit does.
          i'm pretty sure it changes for me, headshot's for certain, and i think 3 rocket kills normally give it also but hard to say as i dont tend to listen out for the hitsounds with rockets

Comment

It's just more subtle in TAM. Open those ears.

Comment

Working...
            X