A dumb BR question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dumb BR question???

Forgive me if this has been asked or explained before, but in UT2003 you could shoot the ball, and then follow it with the TL. It made game play extremly dynamic.

Now it seems there's a 10 second, or so, delay before you can use the TL.

Why is this? Please don't flame me; sorry if I'm missing the strategy.

it's just your TL is drained of all charges, the second someone else (on your team?) catches it you get 3 charges instantly.

Comment

Re: A dumb BR question???

Originally posted by MaliceandHate
      Forgive me if this has been asked or explained before, but in UT2003 you could shoot the ball, and then follow it with the TL. It made game play extremly dynamic.

Now it seems there's a 10 second, or so, delay before you can use the TL.

Why is this? Please don't flame me; sorry if I'm missing the strategy.
      Epic wanted the gameplay in BR to be more TEAM oriented. They put in a delay on the TL right after you fire the ball so that you can't just single-handedly self-pass all the way to the enemy goal and score. You have to rely on your teammates and pass the ball to them once in awhile.

This change is OPTIONAL and can be configured server side. The TL delay is the default tho.

Comment

oh, ic thanks

Comment

This system was put in place so that Bombing Run would become less single-person centric, as people would have to work with their team to score a goal, rather than just being able to run the ball across the entire map themselves within the space of four seconds.

Looks like people are going to have to start giving the secondary fire on the ball launcher a chance someday.

Edit: Stop posting so fast, you stupid, fast posting... meanieheads.

Comment

Yup, passing is alot more prevailent now, and with the new system that lets you know when you're targeted and when a pass is incoming

Comment

Working...
            X