UT2K4 DVD Back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2K4 DVD Back up

I am going to buy the SE of UT2k4, I am also concerned of 1 thing, I want to know if it will be possible to back it up to other DVD disc? Or will it have a protection so you cant?

It will be my first time to back up a game, only because 2k4 SE is a big deal for me and would be torn appart if something were to happen to the disc

I want to know if anyone knows a good program that burns DVD games? Or if a program such as Alchohol 120% can copy it to HDD.... This is going to be for legit purposes, Im sure many people out there are wondering about this too

*I know u need a DVDR-W to burn the DVD SE*

Re: UT2K4 DVD Back up

Originally posted by Melll
    I am going to buy the SE of UT2k4, I am also concerned of 1 thing, I want to know if it will be possible to back it up to other DVD disc? Or will it have a protection so you cant?

It will be my first time to back up a game, only because 2k4 SE is a big deal for me and would be torn appart if something were to happen to the disc

I want to know if anyone knows a good program that burns DVD games? Or if a program such as Alchohol 120% can copy it to HDD.... This is going to be for legit purposes, Im sure many people out there are wondering about this too

*I know u need a DVDR-W to burn the DVD SE*
    Do not trouble yourself over this issue, Atari has a very good disc replacement program :up:

Comment

Although I never used the disk replacement program
      the sever I have heard is quite good! :up:

Comment

Do not trouble yourself over this issue, Atari has a very good disc replacement program
        Can I have some information about that? A link perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Melll
          Can I have some information about that? A link perhaps?
          Check the website, I believe there is a write up here somewhere:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/index.php

Comment

Check the website, I believe there is a write up here somewhere:
            Thanks.... thats gonna take me a while to find that write up...
            maybe u can be a nice guy and give me a direct link

Comment

This is the deciding factor for me, to whether I'll get the DVD or the CD. I won't buy something I can't backup, because I have a bad habit of dropping things.

Comment

dunno if this is what your lookign for... btu thsi has some info http://www.atarisupport.com/

Comment

Not sure about the new version, but Atari would NOT replace my UT2003 CD (which had a small scratch making it useless.). This only applies to damage caused by you or someone else. Since my original disc was obviously not brand new, I was SOL.

When I contacted Atari about it, they suggested backing up my CD's in the future, but refused to tell me how to do this successfully. This is their policy. Thankfully the no-cd patch came out which made my backup copies useful again (My backups worked for installation only).

http://www.atarisupport.com/customer...faq_prodissues

Comment

Working...
                  X