I'm always road kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm always road kill

This is the first UT game I've played, and so far it seems great. I've been play mostly the onslaught mode, and it is a perfect blend of other FPS out there (I won't say them, but I bet most people know what I'm talking about *cough* 1942 *cough*). The only thing the has been ******* me off a lot is getting run over by a lot of vehicles. Now I don't mind getting run over by the Scorpion. It has those blades, so it is designed for it, and it isn't too fast.

What really makes me mad is that blasted Manta. The thing zips all over the place smushing people left and right. A lot of the time they wont even fire their guns, which seems some how wrong to me. I've become so paranoid of them that I'll run around most of the time with the Avril out just incase (then they just run me over from behind :sour: ).

I guess that is all I have to say, everything else about the game seems awsome.

Just uh..... watch your back all the time

Comment

You should learn how to move quickly. Dodge jumping around is always the best way to move. Just double tap one of your direction keys the way you want to go and press jump right after. It's always more efective to slant yourslef a little bit and dodge jump to the sides rather than dodge jump forward because when you dodge jump forward you have to stop for a moment after each jump. Hope that helps.

Comment

Last but not least, when in a jam...DUCK...if the manta driver doesnt use the duck feature on their manta that means they will miss you.

GL!

[FnG]RampantBunny

Comment

You should learn how to move quickly.
          Play DM for a few days instead of ONS and you'll see: no more getting run over by manta's :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by RampantBunny
            Last but not least, when in a jam...DUCK...if the manta driver doesnt use the duck feature on their manta that means they will miss you.

GL!

[FnG]RampantBunny
            Good point, every decent manta driver uses the smash feature though (this coming from a manta ***** ).

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
              Good point, every decent manta driver uses the smash feature though (this coming from a manta ***** ).

So do I but if your in the "tunnel" at the middle node its your only hope ...except for an AVRIL of course

Comment

Yeah, all good points. I've been get more used to the dodge, but I didn't know you could duck under it. I guess I just get mad when there is an insain fire fight and I'm the last person left, and right as I go to build a node *splat* :cry: . I'll play a lot more before I decide if I don't like the Mantas, or loathe them.

Comment

I think they're a bit too powerful with that smash. If you see it coming it's easy to dodge, but if there's a group of you trying to hold a node you're all pancakes.

Comment

Originally posted by koopa
                    I think they're a bit too powerful with that smash. If you see it coming it's easy to dodge, but if there's a group of you trying to hold a node you're all pancakes.
                    hehe, I smashed four guys in one driveby last night

Felt pretty good

Comment

I got my first "Pancake!" last night.. thought it was pretty funny

Comment

I think the manta should change color (to red) the more people you squash. It'd be cool to be the guy in the red manta.

Can you squash your own team-mates (not that I've been trying)? I didn't think you could (assuming FF is off), but sometimes in bot-matches I thought I had?

Comment

Originally posted by koopa
                          I think the manta should change color (to red) the more people you squash. It'd be cool to be the guy in the red manta.

Can you squash your own team-mates (not that I've been trying)? I didn't think you could (assuming FF is off), but sometimes in bot-matches I thought I had?
                          I think i´ve noticed that as well.Checking the name of the one driving me over it was in the same team color as the team i was in so i suppose you can get squashed by teammates with ff off.
                          Not the one doing it,but i think i go and try it on some bots at least now.

Edit: Nah,one angry but healthy bot was the result of the test.
                          "Im on your team!"
                          Sooooorry.

Comment

But then everyone would whine because they couldn't tell what team it was on

I'm beginning to experiment with point blank firing the avril at mantas now. It seems to actually work sometimes, but often you just get squished by the dead manta.

Then again, if it stops them running over 3 of my teammates, I am teh winner.

Comment

Working...
                            X