Talking with a Mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking with a Mic

is there anyway to talk to EVERYONE in ONS or Assult, I know F is team talk but is there an everyone talk?

Bind key's fore each channel in input>controls, mine are on numpad

Comment

Are their any servers that only allow people with a microphone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Knight
        Are their any servers that only allow people with a microphone?
        How exactly would you detect that?

Comment

Well I know Xbox LIve has that feature. You can set up a server and only allow people with voice in (although almost everybody on Xbox Live has a mic, you rarely see somebody who doesn't). But Xbox is a lot simpler than a computer.

So I just thought it could be possible for UT2K4 to detect whether a microphone is attatched to the computer.
          How exactly would you detect that?

Comment

Although there are bindings you can set for 'talk to channel' they seemed to merely toggle your channels and could get very messed up as toggling one channel would sometimes toggle different ones. For instance sometimes selecting the "team channel" would actually toggle the team off if it was double toggled from a previous change. The interface is not the best.

In the end, after experimenting with a friend in an empty server, we descided the best way is to hit v, (1) talk, then select the number of the channel you want to talk in (be it public, team, or a specific person). Then change again with the same process when you are done.

Also the voice feature needs some work. Sometimes the picture comes up, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes your voice will broadcast, sometimes it doesnt. It has delays on broadcast so make sure to hit the "talk" key before you start to talk and wait a second.

We have working mics and software and use other voice programs all the time. The UT voip is just a bit quirky at present. You could have everything set up just right and it will be working fine, then exit the game, return and it will be all messed up again with no changes to settings in or out of the game. It is a good start, and a great feature, but it needs work. Also including a headset with the special edition is a GREAT idea and will definitly proliferate the joy of voice over net gaming.

Comment

Well I've never had any voice-chat work perfectly. UT2k4 seems to be the best so far (I've used a few TS versions and RW).

Comment

speech controll

Originally posted by Clocks
                Well I've never had any voice-chat work perfectly. UT2k4 seems to be the best so far (I've used a few TS versions and RW).
                the voice-chat can only work if you have a mic (lol)

but the better part is that if you have Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1
                ( that comes with the office cd or you can download it otherwise on the microsoft site at:
                http://www.microsoft.com/speech/download/sdk51
                )
                you can chat to your bots and make them do cool things.

you might have noticed that in a bot match or online a bot has a extra name after its normal name.

for example: echo
                so if you say: echo, gimme (he will trow his current weapon to your head (lol) and you will have it)

so if you say a bots command name
                or say everybody or everyone and than

-defend-
                -attack-
                -cover me-
                -freelance-
                -taunt- (or) -dance- (the bot will start doing strange moves like dancing- for a second or 2)
                -get out- (let em jump out of the vehical where he is driving in(let em jump out of a flying raptor (lol))
                -status- (tells you what there doing)
                -suicide- (makes it kill itself and respawn)
                -jump- (let em jump where they are (lol))
                -hold- (makes em stop moving and shoot every enemy on that spot)

looking GOOD

Comment

Its fun to say "Bravo Get Out" when there's a bot in a Raptor halfway up the comm tower in ONS

Comment

im lost, how do you get this speech recognition to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X