someone at EPIC please tell us whats up with invasion in 2K4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone at EPIC please tell us whats up with invasion in 2K4

I know its IN there from the demo exit screen but whats new? It was the ONLY major gametype not included in the demo . Could someone at epic at LEAST tell me/us whats going on with invasion? I miss it ever so.

I/we want all the info u can/WILL tell me/us about it including vehicles, weapons, new monsters, new mutators or game settings for it, and the answer to my big question. Will it have its own prefix for maps (i.e. INV-Relentless <--- MY MAP!!! :up with different gameplay and monster spawning from the rest? I want to be able to easily make "hold-the-line" invasion maps without having to modify a CTF map setting to get it somewhat right!

I read that the monsters have not been updated.... still the Unreal 1 creatures. I dont remember the precise changes, but they were just tweaks and bugfixes. Oh well.

It's a fun little mod that deserves more attention.

It'd be a fine project to upgrade the models and their AI, maybe add in some new ideas.

Comment

Bah, too much work...

also imagine all those monsters on the screen at the same time.. it would be lag city if those monsters were hi res models!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouagadougou
        I read that the monsters have not been updated.... still the Unreal 1 creatures. I dont remember the precise changes, but they were just tweaks and bugfixes. Oh well.
        For the sake of argument, if they were to use pretty models....just imagine what having 8-10 insects, 2 skaarj, and 5 of those other dudes in one screen....that's a TON of high-res models to render. having ugly models in that much of an abundance is actually good when it comes to playability.

Comment

heh, and it wasnt before? . tbh I actually really enjoyed invasion as well It was a really good way to practice moving around like crazy, and plus well its just plain fun my n00b friend tyler really like that gametype since its the only gametype that me and him can play on the lan without me completely creaming him. I dont think epic is going to release any maps specifically for inv, : / and I dont think they are going to do much if anything with it...

Comment

Well, things dont have to be simple Booleans....
            It doesnt have be be either low rez vs Super Detailed.
            Even more detailed skins would be welcome.

Whatever.

Comment

invasion maps

They should have special invasion maps. They could do some cool stuff like special map tweaks and coop objectives. Make a kind of Serious Sam like thing. That'd be sweet

Comment

Who says the monsters have to be pretty looking?

I've recently rediscovered Doom... Having more monsters with less lag = more whitekuckle action... cmon people!

Invasion is like Doom all over again... just with a lot more people. It's all about survival!

Comment

I never played it, so I dont know much about it. But I am sure that the initail release will not have any levels specifically for it. If you go into the system folder and look at the "manafest" (or however thats spelled...) You can scroll down and find a list of ALL the levels the initial release will include. In that list, there are NO INV-xxxx maps listed. Like I said, never got to play it (dont haave 2k3 retail), but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

i like low poly monsters.. they look less detailed which also makes them more scarry

Comment

uhg, hello, i was talking about there being MORE monsters as in NEW TYPES of monsters not new textures, that would make take the frames down the express elevator to basement level 2 1/2.

Comment

Working...
                      X