Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic: Gotta fix the vehicles glued to the ground bug!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Epic: Gotta fix the vehicles glued to the ground bug!

    This has happpened way to many times in servers now, and its quite rediculous... Scorpions and hellbeneders are nearly useless now!

    The bug:

    when a vehicle spawns and you get in it... its wheels will move and fire just fine, but it just will not move from the spot it spawned in!!!

    Unless someone shoots a flak ball or some other hard hitting weapon that will move the ground based vehicle, it wont budge!

    I have lost out on way to many chances to grab and node, save a node, or simply to get hold of a vehicle for more attack power... this really needs to be fixed - its ruining the entire onslaught experience!!!

    #2
    Is it only the ATARI servers? That's how it seemed yesterday.

    Annoying actually... You get stuck a few times... you start ignoring the wheeled vehicles... and then get run over by a Hellbender... wtf !? How the heck did they get that unstuck !?

    I ended up leaving the server.

    Comment


      #3
      Someone was saying that this was a bug in the Linux dedicated server, and there was a way to prevent it from happening. I'll edit this post if I find the thread.

      Comment


        #4
        the funny thing is that it's only on the official Atari/Epic servers.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Jerry1978
          the funny thing is that it's only on the official Atari/Epic servers.
          Is this true? If you guys can confirm this, I'll see what's up...

          Comment


            #6
            no -- its not directly related to only official servers... we've been having the problem on the XtremeServers w/ PUG games.

            :cK

            Comment


              #7
              Yea, I think ive had this problem on non atari/epic servers as well...

              Comment


                #8
                I was on an Atari east server the other night when this happened to me. I got out of the Hellbender and ran off to fight. Later I got a chance to hop into a Hellbender with two others and the thing stops dead in it's tracks with wheels spinning. I get out and it takes off again. Man I need to go on a diet!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by comb0KING
                  no -- its not directly related to only official servers... we've been having the problem on the XtremeServers w/ PUG games.

                  :cK
                  OK, good. I'm sure Epic knows about it and they'll figure it out. They're smarter than your average PR guy...

                  EDIT -- BTW, if this happens to someone you see, for now, give 'em a good shot in the back of the vehicle with a shock rifle or flak cannon and they'll go...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Also the Goliath has a hard time getting over the middle power node in Torlan. If anything, lower the power node a little so the tank isn't fighting to get over it.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I'm not sure if this has anything to do with how sometimes the vehicles get stuck, but I noticed in the Server Browser that some of the entries are listed as "ONS-TORLAN" and others are listed as "ONS-Torlan". I was wondering if the case-sensitivity could be related to different versions of the level/server? I haven't confirmed this yet since I keep forgeting... :bulb:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by C1CB01
                        I'm not sure if this has anything to do with how sometimes the vehicles get stuck, but I noticed in the Server Browser that some of the entries are listed as "ONS-TORLAN" and others are listed as "ONS-Torlan". I was wondering if the case-sensitivity could be related to different versions of the level/server? I haven't confirmed this yet since I keep forgeting... :bulb:
                        Unix/Linux applications tend to be case-sensitive more than Windows ones, so my guess is that it shows as 'TORLAN' on Windows servers and 'Torlan' on Linux ones.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X