Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There should be a self destruct on vehicles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Boksha
    Hmm... I suppose the time it takes for an unattended vehicle to disappear could be a little longer if this wasn't in as well.
    So anyway, I've seen a damaged tank stand around the entrance to the central node for a LONG time at least once, and it's silly that the countdown is gone as soon as someone touches it as well.

As for the Kamikaze thing... maybe. But it would make sense to me that vehicles made to protect their owner won't blow them up as well. (btw, binding self-destruct under suicide will effectively prevent accidental use as well)
    However, there are times when someone would want to stay in a vehicle as it explodes. Like if you were in a Raptor, you might want to crash it into a Tank or something. Would get it down quickly. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm... I suppose the time it takes for an unattended vehicle to disappear could be a little longer if this wasn't in as well.
    So anyway, I've seen a damaged tank stand around the entrance to the central node for a LONG time at least once, and it's silly that the countdown is gone as soon as someone touches it as well.

As for the Kamikaze thing... maybe. But it would make sense to me that vehicles made to protect their owner won't blow them up as well. (btw, binding self-destruct under suicide will effectively prevent accidental use as well)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A self-destruct would be nice. However, I don't like how it disables if you are not out by the time it counts to 2.

You should have to press a button twice in a row (like ENTER or whatever it is binded to), this would make it harder to acidently enable self-destruct. Once you do this, a five second countdown should start. Once the announcer says "zero," the vehicle should explode as if it was shot down with any weapon. If you are still in when it explodes, the announcer will have to scream out "Kamikaze!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed this a lot of times too

I jump out of my vehicle to heal/touch a node and when I turn around like 3 seconds later the vehicle is already disappeared :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've noticed this as a really big problem with the Raptor... if you get out to grab some ammo or to build a node.... after a while i've had them dissapear on me... i wanted to have it handy to get back into... playing without a vehicle in this game is a quick way to die or a slow way to get somewhere (or not) and if i park a vehicle somewhere... leave it there so i can get back into it when i want it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm pretty sure if nobody touches it for like, 30 seconds, it dissapears and respawns at the base/node.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IIRC Mark Rein said in that video that vehicles gradually lose health if used and then left unattended. Haven't tested that, though...

And yeah, self- destruct would be a nice feature provided it couldn't be abused.

Second thought: tried using the grenade launcher?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic There should be a self destruct on vehicles!

There should be a self destruct on vehicles!

IMO this really should be in. ATM it's impossible to kill your own vehicles even if they're smoking and useless. I've seen people employ a very effective but IMO lame (because illogical and relying on a quirky game-rule) tactic: shooting a vehicle until the driver gets out to save his life, then leave the vehicle there forever so it won't respawn!
    This is especially annoying with the Goliath and the HellBender since there's only 2 and 3 of those in the map, respectively.
    The solution would be to put a self-destruct sequence in the vehicles: press the configured button (or maybe use the "suicide" command?) and a countdown from 5 starts. If you're still in the vehicle by 2 it cancels. If it gets to 0 after you jumped out, the vehicle should disable itself (read: explode!) and respawn after the set time. (or even with a penalty, just so long as it respawns)

Sound like a good idea?
Working...
X