Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There should be a self destruct on vehicles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mort_Q
    Perhaps the easiest thing is to have unoccupied vehilces not be covered under Friendly Fire/ Team Damage settings...

... that way, you can destroy them yourself.
    No, bad idea. That means if you happen to get the Raptor before someone else that wanted it, they will shoot your *** down. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea. I can see it now...Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnonKaiesZi
      No, bad idea. That means if you happen to get the Raptor before someone else that wanted it, they will shoot your *** down. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea. I can see it now...Hell.
      No. Read again. I said unoccupied vehicles...

... if they're occupied, they're on your team. If they're empty, they take normal damage.

Comment

Perhaps the easiest thing is to have unoccupied vehilces not be covered under Friendly Fire/ Team Damage settings...

... that way, you can destroy them yourself.
        Great idea. That would fix the problem totally :up:

-edit. One important thing to note is that this should only happen once someone has got out of the vehicle, NOT when it has just spawned. Else you'll get some lame *** who makes it his duty to waste all the friendly spawning vehicles before anyone can use them.

Comment

No. Read again. I said unoccupied vehicles...

... if they're occupied, they're on your team. If they're empty, they take normal damage.
          Oh, hehe. Just skimmed the post. Sorry about that. Um, that could work. Though, that would take a lot of ammo at times (depending on what weapon you are using). It would be a lot less waistful if you could just get it, press a button, and then just have it explode.

Comment

You're probably right... make it so if you use the suicide command in a vehicle, it starts a 5 second countdown... you can get out and run, or ... stay.

Or no countdown.

Either way, something to look at.

Comment

Hmm... it just seems very intuitive to me that vehicles have a self-destruct.
              It's also more streamlined than having to spend time shooting a vehicle to pieces. Especially with the Goliath, because that thing's pretty useless at 200 or so health (that's also beyond healing), and in that state still takes a while to kill with most weapons.
              Also, being able to kill unoccupied vehicles would still allow team-lamers to, for example, destroy your Raptor while you're out picking up an armour or healing a node, tho' I suppose a 10 second delay between leaving a vehicle and making it open for damage would solve that...

(edit) Darn, AnnonKaiesZi beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha

Also, being able to kill unoccupied vehicles would still allow team-lamers to, for example, destroy your Raptor while you're out picking up an armour or healing a node, tho' I suppose a 10 second delay between leaving a vehicle and making it open for damage would solve that...
                That arguement doesn't work very well for me, as playing with Friendly Fire / Team Damage at or near 100% is a must for a team game in my opinion. I'd rather deal with the griefers than with the stupid amount of spam...

With FF set to 100% (or 1.00 in UT2k4), you can still destroy whatever you want.

To each their own.

Comment

That arguement doesn't work very well for me, as playing with Friendly Fire / Team Damage at or near 100% is a must for a team game in my opinion. I'd rather deal with the griefers than with the stupid amount of spam...

With FF set to 100% (or 1.00 in UT2k4), you can still destroy whatever you want.

To each their own.
                  Hmm... tbh, I never had trouble with spam in ONS. The map's just too big and there's too much area to cover for the flak to do what it does in smaller maps.
                  Anyway, FF is for pubs anyway, and you KNOW there will be lamers on pubs, always.

Comment

Working...
                  X