Anybody here know how to use scorpion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here know how to use scorpion?

I've seen many players pwn with scorpion. They took out goliaths before.

But whenever I get in one, even players with shock rifle will win. Only think i can find that i can beat is a manta, infantry without shock or avril , and a Hellbender rear turret camper. Can anybody explain to me how to use the scorpion properly?

A full charged Scorpion-plasma chain can deal about 270 damage points, more than an AVRiL! The trick is to stay close behind the Goliath and to surround it while charging up again so that it can't turn it's turret fast enough to hit you. But if there's something else to shoot against in your promidity, then you have not so good chances. Another good tactic is to hope that there is something more important than your Scorp to attract the Goliath, or that it's driver is just incredibly stupid.

Going against infantry: pull your blades in the very last moment, that will decrease the chance that the enemy dodges away. A good player though will still dodge successfully. The question is not always how good you are but how good your enemy is.
    Some people think vehicles pwn everything - they are nubs. Skilled players sometimes even prefer to go by foot because they are much more agile and harder to spot than in a huge tank or a fast Scorp. And they have the skill to take out everything on foot (except a Goliath) before it can take out them. (This is not UT3, here it's still your skill that decides whether you die or not and not the size of your opponent's gun. )

Comment

The scorpion is a moving coffin. I only ever use one for transport if nothing else is available - and at the first sign of any trouble I'll bail out.

The only exception is on Primeval, where you can web the middle node from comparative safety over terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
        The scorpion is a moving coffin. I only ever use one for transport if nothing else is available - and at the first sign of any trouble I'll bail out.

The only exception is on Primeval, where you can web the middle node from comparative safety over terrain.
        A skilled player can be efficient and deadly in any vehicle, there is nothing useless in UT.

Comment

Indeed, even the Assault Rifle can be deadly when used properly, for example:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_clOVkhyGlE

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
            A skilled player can be efficient and deadly in any vehicle, there is nothing useless in UT.
            Then I've not seen a skilled player in the 6 years I've been playing...

Comment

Cool video. I remember getting some sweet headshots when I used to play it, some even somewhat comparable to that shot. Too bad I could never actually make those shots in 1vs1...

Back on topic of the scorp. Aiming even a non charged shot near a manta will force the driver to bail (and probably frustrate him). And considering top tier play is all about manta rushing, that's one possible way to combat it.

It's good vs tanks too, provided you can get right next to it without getting blown up. Either you kill the tank, or the tank blows you and itself up.

Comment

I mainly use the scorp as a node/power core killer.

the bolas are great at hitting stationary targets at medium/long range, and because they have an arc trajectory, you can lob them from behind cover. The also do heavy damage for how fast you can dish them out.

Comment

Working...
                X