Unreal map editor, can anyone help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal map editor, can anyone help!

Hi all, new to the forum but have played the unreal games for ages.

I recently acquired a double pack of UT2003 and unreal 2, the pack included unrealed level editor. I have played around with rthis tech many moons ago when doom was fresh and i have had some programming experience at UNI but i have never used this program before.

I am curios if there is any tutorial type stuff i can get of the internet which could give me a step by step guide to the basics of building a level so that i could be on the road to level heaven.

I have seen the video tutorials on the online help hyperlink within unrealed itself but these would take an age to download (still 56K) so text would be good, any help would be appreciated.

P.S. if this is in the wrong forum i apologise but i am new to this forum.

There is probably more information in the Level Editing, Modeling & Skinning forums.

You may want to check out the UT2k4 SE when it comes out. It has a DVD full of videos on how to map, etc.

Comment

when does it come out

Whens UT2004 SE coming out and if so will it be on sale in a box on a shelf in a store in the U>K or will it be a US type thing or internet buy only as that would be ace.

Thanks for the reply but no-one seems to be at home in that forum so it was a shot in the dark here.

Comment

Re: when does it come out

Originally posted by Emperor Sidious
        Whens UT2004 SE coming out

Soon we hope. The beta/demo seems to be going well. No release date is known... but soon.

and if so will it be on sale in a box on a shelf in a store in the U>K or will it be a US type thing or internet buy only as that would be ace.
        It'll be in the UK afaik, although from the threads I've read people there are having a hard time finding it to pre-order. According to EPIC and ATARI it will be available however.

Thanks for the reply but no-one seems to be at home in that forum so it was a shot in the dark here.
        Things are a little quiet. Everyone is playing the demo it seems.

Comment

The vtm`s are great,i downloaded them of 3d buzz with a 56k:-)

Def worth downloading:-)

Comment

id love to get the vids but

a 56k modem and 2 pence a minute call charges makes it a long and expensive process.

However the college computers are T1 line and have recordable cd drives so i could burn them on a CD and view them at home, but for now its the machine in front of me so a text based solution will have to suffice for now

Comment

Ok try this site.
              http://www.planetunreal.com/architec...rst_level.html

Comment

Great

This site seems to be exactly what i am looking for, thanks mate.

Il get back to you all once ive taken my first steps into the unrealED world

Comment

Working...
                X