This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper Rifle: remove the puff of smoke?

I don't normally do polls, but I want to get a feel from the community on this issue.

1) I basically think the puff of smoke that the Sniper Rifle emits contradicts the Sci-Fi elements of the UT series.

2) the Sniper Rifle has a slower refire rate than the Lightning Gun, as well doing less damage per shot. It's a marginally less effective weapon.

3) Add to that, the puff of smoke does more to interfere with the line of site of the shooter than it does to reveal where the shooter is firing from. However the puff of smoke can easily be sidestepped, thus eliminating any real obscuring factor.

So should the Sniper Rifle be toned down some more if the puff of smoke is removed? Or should it stay the same otherwise, if the puff of smoke is removed. I think it should otherwise be unchanged, except that a muzzleflash should be visible when it fires.

It seems anacrhonistic that a game set a few hundred years from now to have a puff of smoke emitting from a sniper rifle.

What are your thoughts?

I think the puff of smoke is perfect... it obstructs the view enough but not too much, and it prevents people from sniping/camping indefinately on these HUGE maps.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaGuy
      I think the puff of smoke is perfect... it obstructs the view enough but not too much, and it prevents people from sniping/camping indefinately on these HUGE maps.
      I agree it gives the distant player a chance to dodge the next bullet! (2 sniper shots makes a kill unless you shoot a head shot!) The smoke effect adds to the game! Leave it In!

Comment

I don't see the reasoning behind it even being in the game with the lightning gun. Same. Exact. Weapon. Style.

It's like Counter-strike having 18 'medium powered machine guns'.

The only difference is the lightning gun looks cooler when it's fired, and gives away the position of the shooter (which frankly is a good thing rather than a bad thing)

Comment

It's a nice addition to the gun. And it don't bother me at all actually, gives it a nice tough! I say leave it in! Just except the gun's effect and play them, otherwise don't!

Comment

Its great.. leave it in balances it out completly..

and it gives away peoples camping positions..

Already see loads of people in assult camping with it :s

Comment

Not going to happen.

Sorry!

Comment

Working...
              X