Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut 2004- New players vs Veterans suggestion

Hi all
    I have read a few posts imploring veterans to go easy on new players etc, & while I agree with the sentiment whole-hartedly & I certainly offer help & advice where I can, it can prove a bit of a mess when you have 1 or 2 old hands on game & maybe 8 new players.

Might I suggest that admins play a more proactive role in this.

As many servers have several instances of 2004 running , would it not be a step in the right direction to give them names such as " beginners server " " intermediate " & "advanced "

I know it wont stop some plonkers going in & spoiling the game for our new players , but it might address some of the huge imbalances that we see on there servers atm, & help prevent newer players being scared off the game & give them a chance to enjoy the game on a level playing field. Also if the more kind spirited veterans wish to enter the beginners servers , they could provide assistance & guidance to the players there.

Anyway just a suggestion , I know you cant really police it , but I think it might help.

Bytes

Tremendous idea. I've always thought that there should be a few 'levels' of servers.

Playing and owning all the time means you get bored.

Playing and getting owned and you just get bored.

But playing against similar skills is the best.

Comment

what about a point system for the stats? I mean if you have 1000 kills and 200 deaths online, you don't qualify as a newb anymore...

on the other hand if you played 6 hours and are getting .006 frags per hour, you stay on 'beginner'

and those servers set to beginner won't let the people with more points get in, per their UID...

I mean, all factors can be adjusted, but you get my point, and it would <more or less> regulate people to playing on servers that fit their experience/skill

of course people would try and get into beginner servers, but we're talking probability...less people would probably figure it out...

?

Comment

Originally posted by etre
        what about a point system for the stats? I mean if you have 1000 kills and 200 deaths online, you don't qualify as a newb anymore...

on the other hand if you played 6 hours and are getting .006 frags per hour, you stay on 'beginner'

and those servers set to beginner won't let the people with more points get in, per their UID...

I mean, all factors can be adjusted, but you get my point, and it would <more or less> regulate people to playing on servers that fit their experience/skill

yes mate this suggestion has legs.
        :up: :up: :up: :up:

Comment

If you click on the Quick Game button you can search for Beginner/Experienced/Expert servers not sure how they filter it. It seems not to be fully implemented in the demo version.

Comment

I always learned fastest in any FPS by getting my butt kicked by really good players.

All you learn on a beginner server (once you know the layout of the map) is how to beat beginners.

Comment

Working...
            X