Key Binding Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key Binding Bug

When I was trying to make keybinds, after I finished, I tried them out. They worked fine so then I went to do more keybinds but then all the sudden, all my options were set to default and it took me a super long time fighting the computer configuring things. Is this just a common bug or something?

Are you sure you didn't just accidentally kill the User.ini?

Comment

what do you mean kill the user ini?
      and after my second time configuring the key binds, it didn't work. Plus, I had all the locked characters locked again took me a **** long time trying to get them. All i remember is i took out the user ini thing as notepad to the desktop because i thought it would be easier to acces that way.

Comment

User.ini must be in System-folder, that's all. If you start a game and the ini isn't there, then the game will automatically create a new one with default settings.

I don't see why you should do anything with it on the Desktop, you can edit it right in the System-folder.

"Kill" the User.ini means deleting it.

If you want to get the three characters unlocked without beating the game three times again, just go to this line in your User.ini:

[GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
        TotalUnlockedCharacters=CLANLORD;MALCOLM;XAN

If it's written like this at the correct position, then the characters are available to you.

Comment

You can put UT2004.INI and USER.INI in other directory, but You HAVE TO inform UT2004.exe where those files are placed.

Take a look here, if You're interested:
          http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=713044

Comment

Originally posted by UDoKuoio View Post
            You can put UT2004.INI and USER.INI in other directory, but You HAVE TO inform UT2004.exe where those files are placed.

Take a look here, if You're interested:
            http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=713044
            helped a lot thanks.

Comment

id of kept the user.ini in system folder and just created a shortcut to it on your desktop while you are changing things

Comment

oh... no wonder... so i guess i'll have to keep huntingn down the system folder every time i gotta do keybinds

Comment

Working...
                X