Weapon balance on maps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon balance on maps...

There is a post on this forum about bringing back an old UT weapon to the game. http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=350217

Most of the ppl said no, there are other "spammy" weapons in ut2k4. And I started to think about it. Remember the old Quake days? When we had the dapak maps/mod [my favorite design/style btw for all times]? We had amazingly good map build with weapon/item spawn points very carefully selected... And most important NOT ALL THE WEAPONS WERE AVAILABLE on some maps. So maybe we should start creating maps, with a little bit more carefilly selecting the weapon arsenal [EPIC?!!]. Some maps could conentrate on link gun (let's say two weapon spawn point could be from one weapon type on the map or maybe more], disregard some other weapons on smaller maps, like lighting gun, etc.

What do you think about this guys?

One more thing. I'm getting bored from the "box-style" maps. I like to "feel" I'm on a real place. This is another reason why I like ut2k4 because it gaves me this with the build-in maps. But we could still put some more "life" on maps. Just a few thoughts.
Working...
X