Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i copy maps made by other people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i copy maps made by other people?

I was on the Death Warrant server: Spam Vikings, and they had some onslaught maps I'd really like to have on my maplist such as MasterBath, Grit Nights Tank me up, *****slap, and all that other goodness. How do I get them on my maplist?

There are certain sites that offer maps, if you can find them there then the mapper WANT you to download them and put them on your server.

If the map is not available there, but only on a certain server, then I would ask the community of that server or the mapper/author (if contacts are given, just google a bit) if he'd be ok with putting that map on my server. Some maps are made by mappers just for a certain community, so it's their good right to say where the map should be played.

Sources for maps are:
    FileFront.
    UTzone.
    Mapraider.
    Unreal Playground.
    Levels-4-You.
    Epic Forums.
    Atari Forums.
    Nali City.
    Atomic Gamer.
    [un]RealMassDestruction.
    Omnipotents.
    Death Warrant.
    TCP.

Comment

you can install your cache from the files you downloaded from servers use this tool set it up like it says on the pic and everything will get installed
      UT2004MI cache installer
      http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...ileinfo&id=151

Comment

Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
        you can install your cache from the files you downloaded from servers use this tool set it up like it says on the pic and everything will get installed
        http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...ileinfo&id=151
        Or just rename cache files to what they need to be according to the INI file in your cache folder. Really, that's hardly more difficult than installing a whole new program just for that, and it saves some lifetime of M$ Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
          There are certain sites that offer maps, if you can find them there then the mapper WANT you to download them and put them on your server.

If the map is not available there, but only on a certain server, then I would ask the community of that server or the mapper/author (if contacts are given, just google a bit) if he'd be ok with putting that map on my server. Some maps are made by mappers just for a certain community, so it's their good right to say where the map should be played.

Sources for maps are:
          FileFront.
          UTzone.
          Mapraider.
          Unreal Playground.
          Levels-4-You.
          Epic Forums.
          Atari Forums.
          Nali City.
          Atomic Gamer.
          [un]RealMassDestruction.
          Omnipotents.
          Death Warrant.
          TCP.
          it worked thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much!!!!

Comment

thank you all for your help I'll have a blast with theese maps

Comment

I use ut2004mi to extract maps I want from the cache.

Google is your friend to find download links

Comment

and one more thing.... When I download the maps they come in folders and I can't play them. How do I fix that?

Comment

Download from where? A zip-file or from a server?

Server: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums.../t-365893.html

Zip-File: Put each file into it's corresponding folder:
                  UTX -> Textures
                  USX -> StaticMeshes
                  U, UPL, INT -> System
                  UKX -> Animations
                  UAX -> Sounds
                  OGG -> Music
                  UT2 -> Maps

Comment

I downloaded them online

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
                      I use ut2004mi to extract maps I want from the cache.

Google is your friend to find download links

Use that, then click on the "cache" tab. It's obvious from there

Comment

The easiest way is to use Cache Extactor, the only downfall being, if the map uses custom music, you will not grab that audio file. So if that's an issue, try to locate that particualr map on the web. Just look for maps on filefront at first to get familiar with one site, then branch out. You have to use WinZip or WinRar to extract the .Zip files that almost ALL UT2004 add-on/mods/maps/****/etc are packged in.

Google is your friend...WinZip...WinRar. Download and install both really......then extract the contents of zip files to the appropriate folder within your UT2004 folder and your rockin and rollin.

Read-me files are your friend.

Comment

Yeah, you can't get the OGGs due to licence reasons. But many maps use retail music anyway. But as I said: It's better to find a download instead of extracting the cache. With the download you get all necessary files and maybe also a readme that tells you whether you may edit that map or how to contact the author.

And download Winzip and Winrar… two programs for the same purpose.

When I publish a map, then I always take 7zip. It has even better compression rates that zip or rar (if not even the best rate out there) and the program itself can unpack most of the zip-formats out there.
                          Some people consider it an "exotic" format that nobody uses. I consider it standard and if someone wants to play my maps or use a file of me, then that's the point where he should start using it.

Comment

Working...
                          X