UT2k4 on Windows 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2k4 on Windows 7?

I know I made a post for UT3 on Windows 7 lol, but I also need to know if it's compatible with UT2004? I'm trying to install Windows 7 as an upgrade to my Vista. But if these games are not compatible, I'll have to stick with Vista.

I've had no problems so far with UT2004 or UT99 on my Windows 7 machine. I must make it clear my PC is a "pre-fab" that came with Win7 already loaded on the machine. I have had to do MINOR tweaking really not related at all to Unreal. Have'nt had an issues other than minor editor glitches in some menus when you set the game's resolution past 1024x768, or go back and fouth from one resolution to another alot.

So basically, you should not expect any issues from my experience.

Does'nt mean it won't happen though...good luck!

Comment

There is this issue that you could have, but anyway the answer is in the thread:
      http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=713932

Otherwise, I don't remember reading anything about other issues regarding UT2004 and W7.

Comment

no issues for me, UT (99) on the other hand and Quake2 I had problems making them run.

Comment

Everyone is right, I just got it installed on Windows 7 recently. Runs like a charm on mine.

Comment

I wonder, do EAX effects work correctly for you? Like, if you enable it and go into the pipe in DM-1on1-Mixer, can you hear more echoes than outside?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              I wonder, do EAX effects work correctly for you? Like, if you enable it and go into the pipe in DM-1on1-Mixer, can you hear more echoes than outside?
              IIRC DM-Deadbolt2 and DOM-Deserted have more obvious EAX effects...if I left that fature in. I can''t remember honestly, but I totally did each map with EAX at one point for sure.

Mgith be a better indicator as most maps do not touch the EAX sound channel or w/e.

So try Deserted and if that does'nt seem to work Deadbolt.

I'll test for ya Emerald...brb.

EDIT: Does'nt seem to work for me Try siome of DG_Unreal's maps...IIRC he uses EAX in EVERY map. You can always check his read me files to find out for sure. He always incudes those details.

Comment

That means that Windows 7 has another DLL screwup... Gah... If I could pinpoint the DLL that is responsible for EAX settings, I could try and replace it with a working version, but I just don't know what file that would be...

Comment

Working...
                X