Anti-Cheating Code -- The anti-cheaters manifesto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Cheating Code -- The anti-cheaters manifesto

I am happy to hear that the cheaters are so ticked about the anti-cheating code in the game. In my opinion, the more anti-cheating code, the better.

Now dont get me wrong, I dont mind having my *** handed to me by a good player. The main reason I dont do non-team games or deathmatch games is because the good players will kick my butt every time. Im too old to have their reflexes. However, those that cheat are dweebs and deserve to be tossed out of the servers.

Lets consider the cheaters for a moment. They program their bots and scripts, but what is their motivation? To learn about programming in a fun way? No, because they take these bots and go ruin the enjoyment of others. They do it MERELY for the sake of ******* people off -- that kind of customer is one that Epic doesnt need. For one, it causes Epic to loose players and customers.

Oh and by the way, it doesnt take a genius programmer to write a cheat script. As a professional programmer I can assure you that it takes very little intelligence to cheat at a scriptable FPS game and MUCH more intelligence to design your own content.

As for the cheaters, they are just crybaby wannabes that have no skill -- no teamwork -- no social life and an inferiority complex that they feel they have to compensate for. In case I'm not being clear,

Cheaters cheat because they SUCK so bad that they cant win any other way.

I laugh at the cheaters and every time one of the Elf clan gets banned, i break out laughing. Every one of them that is banned means more new and interesting people will pick up my favorite game and I will have a chance to fight against and with some cool people from all over the world.

So cheaters ... lets not hear the whines like "they will have anti TCC ****" (a quote from another thread). The door is behind you, use it and get the hell out.

Please feel free to sign the anti-cheater's manifesto here.

Cheaters cheat because they SUCK so bad that they cant win any other way.
    common misconception

Comment

Originally posted by intention
      common misconception
      Agreed.

Comment

common misconception
        Ya

Comment

common misconception
          If they can win other ways then lets see them do it. I personally think the whole ELF clan sucks because all they do is cheat ... Give me 3 other poeple that know how to play onslaught and watch us wipe the map with them over and over again.

Comment

>common misconception

Indeed.

>They program their bots and scripts, but what is their motivation? To learn about programming in a fun way?

You may be surprised how many people would answer "yes" to this.

A personal example of creating perfect bots for personal gain(non server..single):

I was heading to a cabin for a month-long getaway. Being without a internet connection for a month was a scary prospect, so I decided to program some worthy opponents for CS.

Taking some trainer bots (used by cheaters for personal use in online games) and tweaking a few areas, I had some skilled, life-like opponents for that time period, and was a better player in-game with other players afterward.

I deleted the bots when I returned home and learned alot during the process, not using them on live servers once.

Comment

cheaters cheat because they just dont give a **** about the people they are playing. they dont care if they have fun, they think its fun to **** people off.

Comment

Where's that "I'm an ATTENTION *****!" pic when you need it...

My conception of cheaters is mostly "HEy look every1 i am better than epic LOLZ there programmars sux LOLOL epic programmerz=PWNED by ME hahaz"

Comment

Originally posted by MantiCore
                  >They program their bots and scripts, but what is their motivation? To learn about programming in a fun way?

You may be surprised how many people would answer "yes" to this.
                  But in the case of the most prominent cheaters, they are lying.

I read Zellius, for example, claim that he works out of intellectual curiosity, but when you see the frequent trolling appearences he makes here, it becomes obvious that his primary motivator is his ego. He clearly loves the reaction he provokes from angry players, probably as much as he loves the toadying he gets from the cheaters who aren't bright enough to write their own cheats.

He has empowered himself (if you consider "annoying strangers playing a game on the internet" to be power) with his hobby. Any knowledge gained is incidental.

From reading the interviews with the ELF members, I'd defininely say the same thing applies. They can cheat to the top of the stats and you can't stop them! Whoopee.

People who do things out of actual intellectual curiosity don't need the attention that these cheaters obviously crave.

And unfortunately, threads like these, well meaning may they be, just give the cheaters more attention, just as they like.

That's why I think the only productive discussions about cheaters are ones that specifically deal with how to recognize and stop a particular cheat, ignoring the personality behind it.

No attempt to insult, reason with, or beg mercy from someone who's decided that negative attention is better than no attention is going to discourage them. It's just going to feed the flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Logy
                    [...] I read Zellius, for example, claim that he works out of intellectual curiosity, but when you see the frequent trolling appearences he makes here, it becomes obvious that his primary motivator is his ego. He clearly loves the reaction he provokes from angry players [...]
                    yep, thats it. if it wouldnt be their ego, why are they even posting stuff about their cheats in the forum or running around with a worldwide known [ELF] tag? they just love the attention given to them. pls everyone, ignore those lam0rs ! :bulb:

Comment

Logy
                      Zellius??
                      Check threads, 9 out of 10, also this one, are made by cry babies.

Comment

Been banning [ELF] since time began...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                          Logy
                          Zellius??
                          Check threads, 9 out of 10, also this one, are made by cry babies.
                          See? That is your problem. You hide behind the internet and call me a crybaby. *amused* You are the coward because you wont even play the game without cheating. You are a poor sport and a coward and a bloody wimp who cant get anything else in life other than the knowledge that you can cheat. I have no mercy or pitty for you. In fact, I find you pathetically amusing, like a virtual Gollem, always thinking you are better than others.

I have news for you guy, you suck. The people that are better are the programmers that poured their heart and soul into this game in an effort to try to make it a fun expereince for thousands. The people that CREATE things from nothing, from mere ideas. You are just a destroyer and its a well known fact that it is far easier to destroy than create.

You are a demonstration of what is wrong with the world, the dark side of the world that gets off on ******* other people off and ruining their fun.

I laugh every time one of you gets banned.

As for giving them attention, I will not let them use this reverse pathetic logic. They get the attention they deserve and people hate them. When they log off, they dont get to think "man I kicked some *** there!" They get to think "well .... ok .. what did that proove except that Im a cheater." I hate liars and I hate cheaters. These people are both. They lie to others and they lie to themself.

How long do you think it would take a professional programmer to write a cheat bot for this game? Probably a day. Max. Why arent they then? Because they love to create things and cheating isnt creation. Poeple who program cheat bots arent programmers, they are wannabes. They pretend that they can actually program by writing a cheat bot but they couldnt actually program their way out of a wet paper bag with a sharp knife.

I dont respect the cheaters of have anything but disdain for them. I respect the players like Tropic who hand my *** to me without having to cheat. I respect those that take the game as it is intended to be played and get good. You give me a match between Tropic and one of these ELF idiots (without cheats) and my money is on Tropic the whole time. Hell, even I could be the ELF idiots and compared to Tropic, I suck.

Comment

What a burst
                            [screenshot]http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/assets/Crybaby.jpg[/screenshot]
                            Taken from here

As for ut2k3 - there are no free available cheats for it. Yet. Live with it. Get out some more.

Comment

OOh... hurt a cheater's feelings ... Im so concerned ...

:haha:

Comment

Working...
                              X