VoIP Channels - bit buggy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VoIP Channels - bit buggy?

I've noticed a couple of things about the VoIP support in UT2003 and I'm wonrdering if it's just me or whether other people have noticed it as well.
    • The toggle-channel keys always seem to activate twice when pressed. That is, when pressed you join the channel and then leave it again immediately.
    • My "join channel ..." key assignments keep getting reset.
    • At the end of the game all the channels get shut-down even before the map change.

The first two are just odd, the last point is very annoying. What's the point in having VoIP if you can't laugh about the game after it's been won or lost?

So, is it just me? Or does this happen to other people.

I've only really had problems with the channels activating (or deactivating) twice thing. The only way I have found around it is to smack whatever keys you have bound to whatever channel your trying to use really really fast and hope for the best.

As for the key assignments getting reset, hasn't happened to me yet, but i've only been using VoIP for a short time and who knows? And at the end of the game, do you mean that the channels get shut down before the next round begins? It might be a way to stop people from spamming the voice channel if theyre being sore losers or something.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie-love
      I've only really had problems with the channels activating (or deactivating) twice thing. The only way I have found around it is to smack whatever keys you have bound to whatever channel your trying to use really really fast and hope for the best.
      Use the "join channel" buttons rather than the toggle button - that gets around the problem.

Originally posted by sharpie-love
      ....And at the end of the game, do you mean that the channels get shut down before the next round begins? It might be a way to stop people from spamming the voice channel if theyre being sore losers or something.
      Yes, except that the channels get shut down as soon as the game is one - which is a while before the map actually switches over.

To be honest I don't think that the team channel shouldn't ever close down, although I will concede it may make sense to close the public channel down. Is a shame though - VoIP can really add to the feeling of community and fun.

One of the greatest things about VoIP is that you get to joke and talk about the game afterwards and during the map switch over. This just isn't possible in UT2k4.

Comment

Good posting ... add this to the bug list for Pez.

Comment

Working...
        X