I assuming there will be a forfeit button in final version onslaught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assuming there will be a forfeit button in final version onslaught

Even week after the release of demo the onslaught mode is too difficult for some players to comprehend.Maybe a forfeit vote will allow it to mix up players so the teams are even.

i think if you vote restart it will do that? not sure tho....

Comment

>Even week after the release of demo the onslaught mode is too difficult for some players to comprehend.

I'm hoping a majority of them have a (better) grasp on it by the time the full version comes out. It's really simple, I don't see why so many people have problems understanding it (You think they'd see the "You cannot attack a unliked powernode" in the center of the screen in a fairly big font :weird: ).

>Maybe a forfeit vote will allow it to mix up players so the teams are even.

If the admin of a server is present and teams are stacked, they'll usually reset the map for teams to even out a little. I don't think a forfeit option would help much.

..And then theres always the sore loser whos getting owned and complains about stacked teams even when they're fairly balanced :haha: .

Comment

Originally posted by MantiCore
        >
        ..And then theres always the sore loser whos getting owned and complains about stacked teams even when they're fairly balanced :haha: .
        Or the lame *** who would forfeit every 15 seconds just to annoy everybody.

/****... what happened to the "swear word being replaced by stars" thing? y above line is unedited and it contains a 3 letter word which shouldn't be readable :bulb:

Comment

I don't really think you need a forfeit button; make an option that the teams will get shuffled by experience if one team wins, say, 5 games in a row. That'll make things a lot easier, because I've played entirely too many games where I was on useless team and couldn't do anything about it. A lot of the time, the admin doesn't do anything about it either.
          Originally posted by MantiCore
          If the admin of a server is present and teams are stacked, they'll usually reset the map for teams to even out a little. I don't think a forfeit option would help much.
          Not necessarily, and especially if the admin is on the winning team. You'd think crushing your opponents would get boring after a while, but I've seen it done for an hour straight...

Comment

Being 'crushed' over and over again generally turns a noob into a ****** off killing machine who learns what the hell is going on... or they just leave, so I hope!

Comment

take your beating like a man and say GG

2k4 does need better player balancing tho,like next round auto-balancing by end score or by stats

Comment

If you were a real man than you'd be willing to switch to the underpowered team once the game starts to feel one-sided.

time for a new quote of the month ?
                "real gamers don't whine ... they just play the game"

As for the 'forfeit'-option : that's an awful idea that causes more problems than it could solve.

(a) it allows people to restart a round for 'fun'
                (b) it allows teams to forfeit a round as soon as they start to loose

Any feature that helps can and will be abused by the lamers on the public servers.

Comment

Working...
                X