Nvidia 56.55 drivers out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia 56.55 drivers out!

The Nvidia 56.55 drivers are out, and they finally enable the graph/monitor function shown on the 52 and 53 series. It's cool to see how hard your setup is really working. I was surprised to see how little my video card was working.

The drivers seem to not be as fast are not as fast as the 53.06 on my three GF4 cards when the FSAA / AF are disabled, but are faster when they are enabled. I run almost 2.5 FPS higher in the AS Convoy map with 2x AA / 2x AF enabled, when compared to the older drivers.

Check out this review on the Gameguru:

Nvidia Forceware Driver 56.55 - This is a Windows 2000/XP reference driver set that was found on Gainwards FTP. All NVIDIA graphics cards to date are supported with this new ForceWare/Detonator driver set and this is going to be one popular set to download.! The build date for this NVIDIA Display Driver version is 56.55, 01/29/2004. The chaps at Bjorn3D have compared 56.55 against 53.04 - "Not much of a change except for FP32 where we see a gain of 2 FPS. Next up was Aquamark3 benchmark. Quality wise, I haven't noticed any anomalies, though I've looked only at 2-3 screenshots. With 56.55 drivers, there was a 5-10 FPS gain. UT2004 demo didn't look pretty performance wise. Antialiasing looked a bit borked at level 4 - most 'vertically' angled edges were not antialiased at all. "

http://gameguru.box.sk/

I saw it yesterday and decided to wait on upgrading my 53.03s until more was available....

Comment

I don't see them on NVidias download page.

What gives?:bulb:

Comment

Here is a link, but I am not endoarsing this version just yet:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=737&1098

Comment

Gimme Catalyst anyday

Comment

about the same. as official... performance wise. there is an automatic overclocking deal that's like ATI's overdrive deal. and per app settings you get set through a tab.... pretty cool stuff. been using it for a few days now.

Comment

Originally posted by diluted_doug
              about the same. as official... performance wise. there is an automatic overclocking deal that's like ATI's overdrive deal. and per app settings you get set through a tab.... pretty cool stuff. been using it for a few days now.
              How is it with the demo??

Comment

can somebody help me find the overclocking feature in the menu? I cant seem to find it.

Comment

http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/...=5&o=0&fpart=1

Install the coolbits .reg and you will see it in your menu

But I noticed decrease in performance in UT2k4, but good improvments in other games.

Comment

Strange that it would cause a performance decrease in UT2K4; the way it looks from that intro you would think Unreal was setup to take care of some special thing that Nvidia has over everyone else. I think I'll stick with my current drivers.

Comment

These new drivers aren't excactly offical yet, you can sort of call them beta drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZmaR
                        Gimme Catalyst anyday
                        For an Nvidia chipset?:bulb:

Comment

s

Acording to an email sent from nvidia to one of the guys from www.guru3d.com forum. The new unofficial drivers have a known bugg that causes UT2004 Demo to performe alot worse then expected..This issues is offcourse beeing adresed...but atm dont install the driver..

Comment

Originally posted by ZmaR
                            Gimme Catalyst anyday
                            I think you're in the wrong thread.

Anyway, I'm having good luck with these drivers. UT2K4 performance is the same as it was with 53.03 and my Aquamark score went up 2000 points.

Comment

I'll give it a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X