Scorpion usefulness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpion usefulness?

I think I'm missing something with the green-net-gun ; does it slow enemies down/drain damage that substantially? wether I charge or not it doesn't seem to do much... I love the buggy's blades, decapitations are way too much fun =) - Stunts are always fun too, hence that Evel Kenievel pic - So else does that net-gun do?

-Manta-

The bola is powerful - it just has a delay on the damage, so doesn't do anything(?) for a second or two. I find it very useful against all the other vehicles, particlarly the Manta (bolas get sucked towards them). It is very good for destroying nodes too, with a fairly high ROF.

Comment

When the net (or web) touches something, it sticks to them and the rest of the web wraps itself around the target. The five component plasma-balls then explode, causing damage.

In my opinion, I think it should be replaced with a 5-way spread low-powered Link Gun, but what do I know.

Comment

Fire the net at a enemy, and it will stick itself around the vehicle, exploding after a while. At first, I found this useless - but then I noticed it can be quite effective against Mantas (and prolly against buggies too).

Comment

The Scorpion actually has the second most powerful vehicle weapon. It kills Mantas with a single blast, and can even take out a tank with 2 or so fully charged blasts.
          Also, fire it repeatedly without charging and it can take out a node very quickly.

Also, it's the third-best vehicle for transportation over rough terrain.

Comment

Scorpions are awesome for taking out nodes.

Comment

Scorp is my favourite vehicle, the bolas are becoming more and more useful as I get more experienced with them. I got dominating today by only repairing once. Not the best but I'm getting there.

It's definately useful against mantas, you don't even have to aim, just shoot it in the general direction and watch the bolas get sucked into the fans, followed by the user jumping out, possibly followed by you cutting his head off

And yes, it's extremely powerful for what it looks, a fully charged shot can often take out a hellbender or even a tank, given the right if's and when's.

Comment

scorpion = ultimate manta killer!

Comment

The delayed damage and the slow firing-speed (which is partially caused by a wind-up like the minigun) make the bolas look less dangerous then they really are.

It's definitely going to be dangerous once in the hands of a driver that masters the hit-and-run tactic this vehicle requires.

It probably could try to do pop-up attacks (expose gun, fire, retreat) from an ambush, but that would depend on the terrain. It definitely would be forced to run after taking a few shots as it can't suffer as much damage as a tank.

As opponents the Raptor (no ground-to-air defense) and Manta (more maneuverable) would be the vehicles to fear as a scorpion-driver.

Least dangerous opponents would be turrets & tanks, both are pretty slow moving targets and thus easy prey. That said ... the tank's machinegun can be a deadly distraction for the scorpion.

Comment

Sorry but the tank is much more dangerous to the buggy than the manta. The tank destroys the buggy in 1 well aimed shot while the buggy needs several very risky passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Noz
                      Sorry but the tank is much more dangerous to the buggy than the manta. The tank destroys the buggy in 1 well aimed shot while the buggy needs several very risky passes.
                      Agreed, it's all about the situation though. If you are approaching the tank from behind while it's shooting at something else, you have the upper hand I reckon.
                      But facing a tank head-to-head, you're better off running away.

Comment

Head to head the tank owns all so dont even try it.

You should try firing uncharged bloas at footsoldiers, it's good for sticking them to the ground so you can chop them up with the blades.

Comment

The only knock I have against the scorpion is that it's not a good weapon against the tank (but besides another tank, what is). I love using the bola on a raptor. It's slow as hell so you need to catch them from behind but it drags them to the ground where they usually get smoked by a bunch of your friends.

Comment

I think the Link gun is great. If you really want to hurt someone with it, dont bother with the ray. Just use the 'normal' fire mode. It might take you a while to learn how to aim it, but once you get it, you'll be thankfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Panick
                              The only knock I have against the scorpion is that it's not a good weapon against the tank (but besides another tank, what is).
                              Rapters and Mantas.

Comment

Working...
                              X