quake2 Rocket Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quake2 Rocket Arena

Does UT have a "rocket arena" mod? I remember back when i played quake2, this was the best thing ever.

There were a bunch of small maps specially designed for 1v1 or 2v2 dueling. You pretty much get all the weapons unless you vote any of them out. There are no respawns when you die.

The best would be the servers where there were lots of people... you'd group up into 2 player teams and you'd take turns trying to take down the best team in 2v2 duels (winner goes again).

Can i expect something like that?

I remember there was one for UT... it came with Game of the Year Edition.

Comment

Someone made a rocketeer mod for UT2003 but it's just a beta.

Comment

Quake2 RA....oh my some great memories

Comment

i don't see why they can't stick this option in the game. all you gotta do is queue up people so that they take turns battling it out. A couple of small arena maps would be nice too.

It would be great for ladders.

Comment

Its just not the same without the rocket-jumping, grappling, railgunning craziness.

Comment

Very true, I miss my rocket jump (or air-ballet as one of my clanmates used to call it). What'd be really cool would be if Reaction would make Gloom for UT2k4. Vehicles and bugs... mmmm... bugs. Or Threewave CTF. That'd rock. But that's just me.

Comment

http://www.ut2k3.fr/rocketeer/scripts/news/index.php

* What is ROCKETEER?

ROCKETEER is a mod for Unreal Tournament2003/04 implementing Rocket Arena's gameplay.

Rocket Arena was originally written by crt for Quake2/3, and then by Mongo for Unreal Tournament.

For those of you already familiar with ROCKETEER, this new version has been augmented with multi-arena support, team line, revised rocketjumping, link climbing, "native" brightskins support and a voting/admin system.

Comment

Quake 3 is still lagging along.....
                  Not sure about Quake 2 though. RA3 definitly rulez in Quake arena.
                  However, most peeps have over 3/4 years experience by now

Comment

Ahh.... Rocket Arena the gametype that kept me addicted to q3 for sooooooo long.
                    To be honest I had really expected it to be released for ut2k3 a long time ago. Sure... I know about the Rocketeer project, it just isn't rocket arena enough for me yet. Besides almost nobody is playing it and this is a game you simply have to play with a lot of other good players in order to keep it fun. If only... if only it would be released in all its glory. Maybe it would even be fun with vehicles... just maybe..... huh? where am I? I want to go back... that DREAM.... IT WAS SOO GOOD!!! WHY DID I HAVE TO WAKE UP!!!???? :cry:

If only....

Comment

Originally posted by MachDelta
                      Its just not the same without the rocket-jumping, grappling, railgunning craziness.
                      no. no grappling in rocket arena. i personally dont remember grappling in any of the rocket arena's altho i skiped 2 (only played a little), went from 1 to 3,

3 ownz tho, UT's was fun. and i hope rocketeer gets switched to UT04 and has a chance to get popular. or maybe an official RA2k4 mod gets made for 04.

always been my favorite mod on these games

Comment

i don't remember grappling in ra2 either.

yes... with a little push from epic... they can bring back rocket arena. It is hands-down the best way to improve your game. An official mod would be very very cool.

Comment

Ah, that explains it. I only ever played RA2, which had a server-side optional grapple.
                          It was hella fun to go screaming around the levels on that thing

Comment

Working...
                          X