Question to people from Belgium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to people from Belgium

Ok, im just wondering but does the Online option works in Belgium ? Did anyone here in Be got it to work? if yes could you tell me what you have changed or whatever you have done to make it work.. thanks for reading

I'll asume you're talking about ut2004.
    I'm from Belgium and yes, it works. I didn't have to "do" anything though. I know there were some problems with the master server in ut2004 in the beginning but those are solved by now afaik.

Comment

yes its about UT2k4 but .. would you know what would be the cause? i changed a couple of things in the ini file but that didnt help offcourse
      i have 4 ports opened:
      28902 TCP
      7777 UDP
      7787 UDP
      7778 upd
      these ports are opened.. i still dont know why i always get the "could not connect to MS" i saw some thread with problems with DSL, perhaps its that .. i hope not:sour: anyway.. any solution?..

Comment

Which ISP do you have?
        Have you tried connecting without the firewall?

Comment

There have been huge problems with the master servers. If they are not available, you'll get that error. Just be patient until Epic has resolved those problems.

Another issue is the open ports. It depends on your router how this is all implemented. The problem is that server admins are free to decide on which ports to run their servers. If they run more than one logical server on a single hardware box, then those multiple logical servers must use different UDP ports. Just opening 7777 and 7778 will not be enough if you do pure filtering. If you do NAT, you might not need to configure any extra stuff. It all depends.

If you can login on your router (through telnet or web access), you might be able to check which packets are being denied, and adjust your port forwarding. All depends on your router. My Alcatel piece of **** will not show me what is going on, but at least will let me enable portforwarding. The cisco's I used to work with would allow you to see what happens to specific packets, but it didn't allow me to do portforwarding.

But one thing is for sure. It has nothing to do with the fact you are in Belgium.
          Good luck.

Comment

I use Dsl anyway.. to be more clearly
            i cant even click on the internet thing it just shows in gray (unclickable) well anyway i have 6 ports open atm firewall down and im not using any router i have one but i dont use it
            well i hope il figure it out... well i hope i wont have problems on the full game

Comment

If the "internet" button on the ut2004 multiplayer menu is gray ( dark gray, unclickable), I'm pretty sure this means that the master server is unavailable. Or something could be wrong with your isp. Can you connect to the internet? If so, then Epic master server is most likely down.

Comment

AFAIK UT2004 works great on all major Belgian providers , although I have cable some of my friends have ADSL and no problems there . Only had the master server thingy in the beginning ( seems to be fixed now ) , on those cases I just used some server I already got in favourites or the one from my provider ( telenet )

Comment

If you have a firewall running, check if it allows the program to access the internet.

Comment

Working...
                  X