quick question, plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question, plz help

Can somebody PLZ tell me how I can run a private game for the demo.

Ive tried and tried but seem to be doing something wrong. If someone can simply write a quick step by step list of what to do that would be great thx.

mÒde«1*

What is a "private game"?

If you mean a private server then just put a password on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DraZtiK
      What is a "private game"?

If you mean a private server then just put a password on it.
      sorry m8 dident explain myself to well..

yes a private server. when i try it closes down to my desktop with a window open, then when i re-open the game i cant find me ferking server:bulb:

also 'dedicated' and the option, whats all that about??

thx

Comment

If you want to play on a LAN make sure the "LAN server" option is checked.

An internet server can be made private with a password. Ofcourse you will have to give the password to the people you want in your server.

Make sure that you don't start the server by clicking "dedicated" but by clicking "listen". When you click listen you will play on your own server. With dedicated you can't play on your own server on the same computer.

Hope that solves your problem!

Comment

Originally posted by pRO_mOde//1*

yes a private server. when i try it closes down to my desktop with a window open, then when i re-open the game i cant find me ferking server:bulb:

also 'dedicated' and the option, whats all that about??

thx

When you run a server "dedicated" it will minimize. you cannot run the game and a dedicated server from the same machine as it uses too many resources for a single box to handle.

If you want to play the game and allow people to connect to you then make sure you uncheck dedicated and put in a password for your guests to connect to and enter.

if your behind a router you'll need to allow certain ports to be open otherwise it will block all incoming requests.

you really should be requesting this help in the server admin forum on this as theres more people there willing to help.

Comment

thx for the help guys but im about to f*cking give up..

ive now set a server up but can't find where the option is to password the dam server.:bulb:

Comment

its in the server options tab

also uncheck "advertise server" option if u dont want unwelcome guests

Comment

Working...
              X