Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sniper Rifle does what??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sniper Rifle does what??

    I have had a wonderful opportunity in my life to be exposed to a wide array of different weapons. Some used for hunting, some for sport, some historic, and others that are strictly military use.

    Out of all the Rifles I have shot...only one made just about as much smoke as the sniper rifle in 2k4.

    Guess what it was?

    It was a black powder rifle. Yes, folks...a black powder rifle. Although the black powder rifle produced much more smoke...the 2k4 rifle was pretty close in blocking your view from your next shot.

    You see, one of the greatest advantages of weapons in the 20th and 21st century is the fact that they use "smokeless powder". This isn’t to say that they do not produce any smoke....indeed they do have a little bit but not nearly what the 2k4 rifle has.

    Now, I have seen artillery fire produce that much smoke for sure, but never a rifle of any caliber.


    This concludes my Sniper rifle smoke rant.
    Thx

    #2
    they use that smoke screen to stop people from camping,but i dont know why campers dont last long enoughto do any real damage.
    dman campers

    Comment


      #3
      I think its a matter of balance... not realism!

      Comment


        #4
        Keep in mind that in the time period where UT2k4 is situated, there are weapons that don't require you to aim and can kill an elephant zig-zagging at 200mph behind a mountain with a single shot without making a sound.

        In other words, they deliberately ****ed up the weapons in the tournament because otherwise it'd be boring.

        Comment


          #5
          ut is not a realistic fps

          the smoke is there to balance out the rof, it has nothing to do with how a real weapon might work

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Sniper Rifle does what??

            Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
            I have had a wonderful opportunity in my life to be exposed to a wide array of different weapons. Some used for hunting, some for sport, some historic, and others that are strictly military use.

            Out of all the Rifles I have shot...only one made just about as much smoke as the sniper rifle in 2k4.

            Guess what it was?

            It was a black powder rifle. Yes, folks...a black powder rifle. Although the black powder rifle produced much more smoke...the 2k4 rifle was pretty close in blocking your view from your next shot.

            You see, one of the greatest advantages of weapons in the 20th and 21st century is the fact that they use "smokeless powder". This isn’t to say that they do not produce any smoke....indeed they do have a little bit but not nearly what the 2k4 rifle has.

            Now, I have seen artillery fire produce that much smoke for sure, but never a rifle of any caliber.


            This concludes my Sniper rifle smoke rant.
            Thx
            Interesting read, but dude, if you're looking for realism and historical accuracy, UT is about the last place you should be looking .

            Comment


              #7
              I fired alot of guns myself... and I must say, none of them shot a blue lightning, and never did I hear "Flak monkey" in my head while playing with a shotgun eighter... :weird:

              lol, no offence, jk!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Re: Sniper Rifle does what??

                Originally posted by JavaGuy
                Interesting read, but dude, if you're looking for realism and historical accuracy, UT is about the last place you should be looking .

                UT2k4 is supposed to take place in the FUTURE. A future where energy weapons is a common place.

                You would think that in the future they would get a sniper rifle down to a pat. A certain amount of disbelief is created when this happens.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mohlraax
                  I fired alot of guns myself... and I must say, none of them shot a blue lightning, and never did I hear "Flak monkey" in my head while playing with a shotgun eighter... :weird:

                  lol, no offence, jk!
                  Have you killed enough people to know?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Re: Re: Sniper Rifle does what??

                    Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                    UT2k4 is supposed to take place in the FUTURE. A future where energy weapons is a common place.

                    You would think that in the future they would get a sniper rifle down to a pat. A certain amount of disbelief is created when this happens.
                    You have to understand that UT isnt about realism its about fun. If you want realism go try Call Of Duty or something similar. :down:

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Re: Re: Sniper Rifle does what??

                      Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                      UT2k4 is supposed to take place in the FUTURE. A future where energy weapons is a common place.

                      You would think that in the future they would get a sniper rifle down to a pat. A certain amount of disbelief is created when this happens.
                      Even though the game is set in the future, the game is about a tournament, not a war. So the fighters in the game are using the weapons that the tournament organisers have given them. This means they can give them any weapons they want to make the "tournament" more interesting for the spectators. Now if the game was about battles in a real war the fighters would use the best weapons available. In the same way computer games are balanced to make it fair, the organisers of the "tournament" in the game have also balanced it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Sniper Rifle does what??

                        Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                        I have had a wonderful opportunity in my life to be exposed to a wide array of different weapons. Some used for hunting, some for sport, some historic, and others that are strictly military use.

                        Out of all the Rifles I have shot...only one made just about as much smoke as the sniper rifle in 2k4.

                        Guess what it was?

                        It was a black powder rifle. Yes, folks...a black powder rifle. Although the black powder rifle produced much more smoke...the 2k4 rifle was pretty close in blocking your view from your next shot.

                        You see, one of the greatest advantages of weapons in the 20th and 21st century is the fact that they use "smokeless powder". This isn’t to say that they do not produce any smoke....indeed they do have a little bit but not nearly what the 2k4 rifle has.

                        Now, I have seen artillery fire produce that much smoke for sure, but never a rifle of any caliber.


                        This concludes my Sniper rifle smoke rant.
                        Thx
                        this is because you live in the REAL world, not in the UNREAL world..

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Yes, it's for balance. In our sniper clan, we have more deck fighters than campers, and most of our campers go and take a few shots and then move to somewhere else. If you're deck fighting with a sniper (don't bother flaming me for that I've heard it all) the smoke doesn't really effect you at all. Other than the slower rate of fire (which I hope can be adjusted for sniper arena) the sniper rifle is pretty near perfect.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            The sniper rifle was in UT, people loved it, then it was taken out in 2k3, people *****ed and whined.

                            Now its back because people want it.

                            Its not about history, realism, or any of that ****, ITS ABOUT BLOWING PEOPLES **** HEADS OFF WITH A GUN WE LIKE!!!! :bulb: :up:

                            edit: and the smoke is to de-llamatize it :up:

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Yeah, the cover story on that is that Lliandri Corp. mixes a smoking agent into the powder in the shells on purpose.

                              I agree, though, it's pretty goofy... and it doesn't stop me from camping or getting a second or third shot off. Five bucks says the smokeless mutator is coming, and that it won't really affect game balance.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X