instagip+low grav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes, please post on how to make the other games available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is anyone interested in how to enable the other gamemodes? Just wondering if I should post a short guide on how to do that.
    Maybe someone knows how to spawn control points for DoubleDom so you can all play DoubleDom on the existing demo maps?

I'm still trying to get the Invasion, Mutant and LMS menus to function. The files included in the demo (with a couple from the free Epic Bonus Pack) contain these menus but they maybe incompatible or broken in the main program to prevent these from working - although DoubleDom does still work .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TrueGamer
    Not yet....I tried taking the idea someone had about using the skaarj animation as a model and maybe making it work somehow.....but I gave that up.
    Nice idea :up: . I was hoping someone would make that work, nice try anyway.

I've been able to re-enable the five other Game Types in the demo but only DoubleDom seems to work and even that doesn't play well because there's no control points in any of the maps.

I know there are mutator/mods that allow you to play any map with any game type and spawn the needed control points (for DoubleDom)/flags (CTF)/goals (BR) so I guess it's possible to play it as normal.

I'm trying at the moment to get Invasion, Mutant and LMS menus to work correctly (they seem to be broken). I will post a new thread with details a little later. Hopefully we can work together as a community and extend the life of this great little demo. Hopefully this will make the month-long wait for the final version seem less painfull .

Here's a taister (and proof ):

More here

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BeerNut
    IG and Low Grav.....:bulb:

I can't believe what a hurry you people are in to ruin this game.
    I only do this to try and look cool. I actually dislike instagib completely. Lowgrav - I'm cool with it, but I don't use it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IG and Low Grav.....:bulb:

I can't believe what a hurry you people are in to ruin this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaRrIcK
    Found any other interesting things hidden in the demo yet?

Not yet....I tried taking the idea someone had about using the skaarj animation as a model and maybe making it work somehow.....but I gave that up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While I'm eating my pancakes, can you like not come up with any stupider ideas about InstaGib.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Silver Soldier
    Uhh True Gamer, does your site, TRUEGAMER.net, have good quality?
    Doesn't have a ton of stuff really....i mainly use it for storage and complaining. If you check out the downloads section, i've got quite a few ut2003 vids though from before 2003 was released....stuff that didn't make the game, or stuff that got changed, etc. it's always fun to look at.

and i'm always open to suggestions on how I can improve the site.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bigcoops
    Can a server run this and have clients join with the same effects without having to do any of this?
    Not sure if you can in the demo - it seems to only be working client-side . At least atm, I'm sure someone will work it out (hopefully before the retail version ships ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whatever you say man. Really whatever you guys are saying. By the way I'm still eating breakfast. Its a good thing I'm not full yet. Because if I was...I would feel f**ked up man. Cuz you know it turns from a flat stomach to a flubber blubber. And I don't end up s**ting painfully (thank God).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Insta-gimpage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can a server run this and have clients join with the same effects without having to do any of this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im a instagibber in UT2k3 and instagib+lowgrav has to be one of the most boring things you can waste your gaming nights on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Be right back, i gotta eat breakfast and remember i live in the U.S. East

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaRrIcK
    Hey TrueGamer, I thought I saw this yesterday aswell . Nice work btw. Your absolutely right about the 'killall weapon' command but as long as you exec it prior to joining a bot match it seems to work and the player starts with the minimal items (shield gun and transloc if playing CTF) and the instagib weapon during respawn. Otherwise you have to use the 'summon' command to create a weapon pickup or you'll have no weapon and have to kill yourself to get the dafault loadout.

Found any other interesting things hidden in the demo yet?

CaRrIcK does have a point there TrueGamer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X