Demo Patch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo Patch???

So in a few days it'll be about a week since the demo's release...

So what's the scoop on seeing a patch for it? Or at least a list of known bugs... I'd really like to know what people have been finding without having to scroll through pages of text in the demo forum.

I hope we see a patch, hopefully my computer will be up and running again when it comes out so I can play and test some more.

Great job epic :up:

Demos aren't commonly patched until the full game is released, sowwy.

Then again, it is Epic... never can tell what those wackos are up to :weird:

Comment

I dont think that epic would release a patch for a beta demo for a game that's going gold soon enough.

Wishful thinking, but hey, that would be cool if they did. :up:

Comment

If memory serves right, they patched shortly before going gold with 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
          If memory serves right, they patched shortly before going gold with 2003.
          Your memory does serve you correctly. Yes there was a patch
          for the UT2003 demo, so one for the UT2004 demo isn't out
          of the question. And I don't think the game will go gold
          for another month.

Comment

Wait for the final release. Think of it as one big giant super mega ultra 1337 demo patch.

Comment

whats the deal with this being a beta demo anyway?

is there gonna be an official 1.0 version?

Comment

There was a patch released for the UT2003 demo after it came out, but it fixed mostly game AI. I doubt the UT2004 demo will get one until after the game goes gold so it can reflect the final product.

Plus when the UT2003 demo came out it needed a patch very badly, and fortunately the UT2004 doesn't need one badly. =)

(Epic patched the UT2003 Demo 3 times btw.)

Edit: The full version of the game has not gone "Gold", therefore the demo is using beta code from the full game. Once the game goes "Gold" and Epic patches the demo to the current build of the "Gold" product it will no longer be a beta.

Comment

There where several patches for the UT demo and quite a few for the 2k3.

I'm not sure why they named the 2k4 demo a "beta demo"

That kind of implies that its definally not the final demo.

I have seen a few bugs in the game that make me laugh: (I got my manta stuck in another manta .....we basically got no where until a team mate shot the other guy with a tank round.)
                  ....but nothing that strikes me as an exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by -=007MIKE=-
                    I'm not sure why they named the 2k4 demo a "beta demo" That kind of implies that its definally not the final demo.
                    I believe that's the case. I actually believe once the full game comes out, there will be an updated "non beta" demo that will be somewhat compatible with that version level of the UT2k4 full version, to where full version clients can log onto demo servers.

Kind of what we were able to do with UT2k3.

Anyhow, that's my hunch anyways, but I don't believe this is the only version of the demo we'll see.

Comment

i dont need patch,i need full game../

Comment

I think the patch for the UT2k3 demo was to fix major things, like the fact that systems with VooDoo cards crashed hard when we tried to run the demo.

For the most part, UT2k4 demo seems fine to me, stability wise.

Comment

It's funny watching people request a patch for the UT2004 demo...

"Umm... I want a patch! I don't know why or what it will fix, but I just want something with 'UT2004' in the filename that I can download!"

I agree with pwnedism: I don't want a patch... I want the full game!

Comment

Full game please....hehe

Comment

Yeah all these people complainin about their fps....this is a beta demo peeps...just wait till the real game comes out with better engine, and fixes...it is hard for game developers to know how a game will react in the wild....so thats why we have teh 2004 beta demo...to see how people react and to change anything they don't like, fix bugs, net probs, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X