Lousy FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lousy FPS

I'm getting like 15-25 fps on ONS-Torlan.... why!?

System stats:

P4 2.0 ghz
    1GB ram
    ATI 9700 all in wonder with latest divers

Not even half my ram is being used either..... WTH is wrong.... I dont have that many processes running in the background either

I use to get way higher FPS in UT2k3 than UT2k4

seems alot of people are having FPS issues with the game.. including me =\ no one knows why.

Comment

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...s=&forumid=262

Comment

old news

Comment

I just wanna hear it from epic..... they said the game would be more optimized..... this is BS :down:

Comment

Originally posted by Malass-
            seems alot of people are having FPS issues with the game.. including me =\ no one knows why.
            i know why , cause your hardware is obselete:haha:
            go out and spend even more money on shlt that loses its value faster than chaadeeercheese just to play a stupiod videogame hahaaha

:down: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by MUTATOR
              go out and spend even more money on shlt that loses its value faster than chaadeeercheese just to play a stupiod videogame hahaaha
              Wow that was the most mature reply I've ever seen

My computer is only 5 months old and I spent $2500 on all the parts including case, mobo and all the other junk that makes it work better than urs

Comment

yea.. id have to say that was one of the most unintelligent remarks i've ever heard.

Comment

Jealous eh? If you have a decent job making decent money then $1,000-$2,000 for a comp isn't the end of the world. Plus I use my comp for a lot more things then playing video games.

Comment

I find it strange that I get higher FPS in UT2k3 with excessive invasion than I do with onslaught 2k4 :weird:

Comment

MY Specs:

AMD XP 2600
                      Gigabyte Nforce 2
                      Nvidia 5900
                      Audigy 2
                      120 gig hd
                      Cable modem

My gameplay is smooth. No issues here. Are you sure that you don't have any background programs running?

Guys... check out Black Viper's website. He has some awesome tips on how to properly disable those pesky background programs. I followed his advice and noticed big improvements when gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by OMGLIEKWTFBBQ
                        I find it strange that I get higher FPS in UT2k3 with excessive invasion than I do with onslaught 2k4 :weird:
                        That's because the invasion monsters are very very low polygon. And they have to be because even powerful systems would crawl with that many creatures on your screen.

And with onslaught were talking huge outdoor areas and your computer has to render it all. The vehicles, the buildings and your teammates and opponents. It's asking a lot out of your system and RAM is important with this game. Anything under 512 will lead to a lot of slowdown. Hell 1 gig is probably the sweet spot.

But this is what we ask for right? We want pretty graphics, killer AI and awesome settings. Well the developers are giving it to us and we will all need a powerful system to handle it all. The P3 and early P4 era is done guys. Anything under a 2 ghz and 512mb ram is just not going to cut it anymore. But hell a AMD XP 2600 processor will run you only $80.00

Comment

Originally posted by tec69
                          MY Specs:

AMD XP 2600
                          Gigabyte Nforce 2
                          Nvidia 5900
                          Audigy 2
                          120 gig hd
                          Cable modem

My gameplay is smooth. No issues here.
                          Same here, except I've got a lower pc than you...

AMD XP 2400+
                          ABIT NF7-S mobo
                          GF 4 ti4200 (with no fan )
                          512 ddr 3200

50-60 (max demo settings) fps in ONS with players in the game. For me, 2k4 runs just like, if not better, than 2k3. Sucks though, that some people get ****ty frame rates.

Comment

oh well at least I dont have any choppy frame rates :bulb:

Comment

I get good framerates on my rig of lesser configuration. Generally about 35 average on Torlan. Though it does slow down unbearably when sniper zoomed on a large map, normally it does great. I don't understand why all these people are getting poor results, when my 2 year old PC does quite well.

Comment

Working...
                              X