No announcement yet.

IN game speech in ut2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The headset has a noise cancelling mic and a mic mute button. I think all VOIP works that way though. You need to push a button or un-mute to talk.

Does anyone know if there is a "team" chat and "public" chat like there is for text? If so can you mute certain people from sending you voice messages. The last thing I need to hear is some 1337 fourteen year old ****** calling me "ghey" because I'm better than him.

The text to speech is a joke. The only thing it's being used for is seeing what words the system mispronounces. It's a joy to hear the Stephen Hawking-like voice saying stupid **** like "I shave my ***!" - not!

Comment

agree about the text to speech. thats more annoying and not realy sure of the point to it.

you would of thought with all the modern software tech, they could use a voice that dosent sound so, well unhuman

Comment

The VoIP works like this ingame:

There are chans, like in IRC. Once you joined a chan you hear what people say on that chan. IIRC the game automatically joins Team, Public and Local chan.

Then you choose which chan you talk on. Depending on the game type the game will choose a default chan. (Team for most teambased mods i guess ... and Public for DM )

To chat with only one person, you can either
        -join his personal chat (via 'V' menu)
        -or ask him to join your personal chan

--> Don't forget to choose the chan you'll send your messages on -> V menu, speech, talk, yourchan/hischan

As English is not my native language, you may want to have a look at the game manual

Hope it helps

Comment

voip works great for me on internet but has anyone used it in a LAN? I can't seem to get it to work on the lan...just 2 computers across the house from each other right now, but would be nice for full LAN party

I think it has something to do w/ having the codecs??

Comment

Originally posted by nitroburn
            voip works great for me on internet but has anyone used it in a LAN? I can't seem to get it to work on the lan...just 2 computers across the house from each other right now, but would be nice for full LAN party

I think it has something to do w/ having the codecs??
            Not sure if this is the issue but: if you play without a dedicated server then the person who acts as the server can't use the VOIP function, from what I understand. Why would you need it for a LAN game anyway? I play LAN games all the time and we just yell across the room to each other.

Comment

Yeah it doesnt make sense to use voip on a lan but as i said in my earlier post one computer is across the house...it would be nice to be able to talk to my victims...i mean my friends.....I might setup a dedicated server on an old system...i think i have a p1 dont know if it will run a dedicated or not......any one else know? :bulb:

Comment

Working...
              X